Campsites in South Africa
7 bookable campsites in South Africa
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Spacious farm site at the foot of the Swartberg mountains
- A 10-minute drive from Meiringspoort waterfall; Oudtshoorn 30 minutes
- A family-run working farm in the Klein Karoo; wild swimming possible
Electric grass pitch 4 x From £13/€14.98/A$24.66/US$15.85/CA$21.55/CHF14.51/SEK173.12/DKK111.81/NOK169.28/ISK2,184/ARS5,549.09/CLP14,128/PEN60.21/NZ$26.44/ZAR300/PLN69.37/R$79.77/CZK366.20/RSD1,759/HUF5,840.96/RUB1,553.66/CN¥115.64 per night
- Remote site deep in the stunningly scenic Maluti mountains
- Huge site with off-roading trails, hiking paths and river for fishing
- Top spot for stargazing, with clear night skies
Electric grass and gravel pitch 6 x From £17.42/€20.08/A$33.05/US$21.24/CA$28.87/CHF19.45/SEK231.98/DKK149.83/NOK226.83/ISK2,927/ARS7,435.79/CLP18,931/PEN80.68/NZ$35.44/ZAR402/PLN92.95/R$106.90/CZK490.71/RSD2,357/HUF7,826.89/RUB2,081.90/CN¥154.96 per night
- Family holiday park in shady bushveld near Modimolle in Limpopo
- Half an hour’s drive to Thaba Kwena Crocodile Farm and game reserves
- Shared barbecue, swimming pools, sports courts and kids’ entertainment
Electric forest floor pitch 8 x From £10.83/€12.49/A$20.55/US$13.21/CA$17.95/CHF12.10/SEK144.27/DKK93.18/NOK141.07/ISK1,820/ARS4,624.24/CLP11,773/PEN50.18/NZ$22.04/ZAR250/PLN57.81/R$66.48/CZK305.17/RSD1,466/HUF4,867.47/RUB1,294.71/CN¥96.37 per night 1 bedroom cottage / chalet / bungalow 4 x From £21.66/€24.97/A$41.11/US$26.42/CA$35.91/CHF24.19/SEK288.53/DKK186.35/NOK282.13/ISK3,641/ARS9,248.49/CLP23,547/PEN100.35/NZ$44.07/ZAR500/PLN115.61/R$132.96/CZK610.34/RSD2,932/HUF9,734.93/RUB2,589.43/CN¥192.73 per night Cottage / chalet / bungalow 2 x From £21.66/€24.97/A$41.11/US$26.42/CA$35.91/CHF24.19/SEK288.53/DKK186.35/NOK282.13/ISK3,641/ARS9,248.49/CLP23,547/PEN100.35/NZ$44.07/ZAR500/PLN115.61/R$132.96/CZK610.34/RSD2,932/HUF9,734.93/RUB2,589.43/CN¥192.73 per night 2 bedroom cottage / chalet / bungalow 6 x From £30.33/€34.96/A$57.55/US$36.99/CA$50.27/CHF33.87/SEK403.94/DKK260.89/NOK394.98/ISK5,097/ARS12,947.89/CLP32,965/PEN140.49/NZ$61.70/ZAR700/PLN161.86/R$186.14/CZK854.48/RSD4,105/HUF13,628.90/RUB3,625.20/CN¥269.83 per night
- Campsite in untamed bushveld near Hoedspruit in Limpopo province
- A 45-minute drive to Kruger National Park and Blyde Dam river cruises
- Swimming pool, wildlife walks, shared barbecue and stargazing on site
Non-electric grass and gravel pitch 4 x From £26/€29.97/A$49.33/US$31.71/CA$43.09/CHF29.03/SEK346.24/DKK223.62/NOK338.56/ISK4,369/ARS11,098.19/CLP28,256/PEN120.42/NZ$52.89/ZAR600/PLN138.74/R$159.55/CZK732.41/RSD3,519/HUF11,681.92/RUB3,107.31/CN¥231.28 per night
- Small site five minutes from Springbok, deep in Namaqualand
- Excellent stopover for trips to and from Namibia
- Fully serviced with pool and laundry services
Electric grass and gravel pitch 4 x From £11.70/€13.49/A$22.20/US$14.27/CA$19.39/CHF13.06/SEK155.81/DKK100.63/NOK152.35/ISK1,966/ARS4,994.18/CLP12,715/PEN54.19/NZ$23.80/ZAR270/PLN62.43/R$71.80/CZK329.58/RSD1,583/HUF5,256.86/RUB1,398.29/CN¥104.08 per night
- Peaceful spot on the banks of the Vaal River near hiking trails
- Half an hour’s walk from Parys for fishing, canoeing and river rafting
- Pools, barbecues and fishing on site; cafés and shops in Parys
Electric grass and earth pitch 6 x From £20.80/€23.97/A$39.46/US$25.37/CA$34.47/CHF23.22/SEK276.99/DKK178.90/NOK270.85/ISK3,495/ARS8,878.55/CLP22,605/PEN96.34/NZ$42.31/ZAR480/PLN110.99/R$127.64/CZK585.93/RSD2,815/HUF9,345.53/RUB2,485.85/CN¥185.02 per night
- Camping pitches by the Limpopo River on a private Swartwater reserve
- Mountain biking, horse riding and four-wheel drive safaris from site
- Communal camping kitchen and firepit, plunge pool and star gazing
Non-electric sand tent, trailer tent or touring caravan pitch 8 x From £30.33/€34.96/A$57.55/US$36.99/CA$50.27/CHF33.87/SEK403.94/DKK260.89/NOK394.98/ISK5,097/ARS12,947.89/CLP32,965/PEN140.49/NZ$61.70/ZAR700/PLN161.86/R$186.14/CZK854.48/RSD4,105/HUF13,628.90/RUB3,625.20/CN¥269.83 per night
Want to see more? We're only showing the sites that are bookable on Pitchup.com.
South African safari? From bushveld to lowveld, plateau to coast, tropical forests to high up overhead, the spectacular Republic of South Africa is stuffed with animal and bird species to spot all the sunny day long.
Make wildlife watching top of your list when around this mammoth and diverse land, looking out for the African big five (elephants, lions, Cape buffalo, rhinoceroses and leopards) at wildlife havens such as the world-famed Kruger National Park, the Sabi Sand Game Reserve and the Waterberg Biosphere – along with zebras, giraffes, wallowing hippos, speedy cheetahs and over 500 species of bird.
And after that? Beaches are a mammoth must too: South Africa has around 2.500 kilometres of coastline, covering sandy stretches and high cliffs around the sightly Wild Coast, among the penguins of Robben Island and off the surfing and marine mammal spots of Coffee Bay. And then the Garden Route, full of comely forests and lagoons to potter around – and then a sightseeing trip or two around South Africa's cities such as Cape Town and Johannesburg…?
And after that? Other splendid sights and activities while South Africa camping (you'll need a mammoth amount of time) include canoeing or kayaking down the Orange River; hiking the peaks and canyons of the Drakensberg; venturing north from Cape Town to the mountains and vines of South Africa's Winelands, and investigating life, the universe and everything: this part of the continent has some of the oldest human fossil sites in the world, including the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Cradle of Humankind. That needs to be near the top of any South African sightseeing list too.