Campfires allowed: Campsites
1,367 bookable campsites
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Small rural campervan and motorhome park six kilometres from Dungarvan
- A 10-minute drive to Waterford Greenway; 15 minutes from mountains
- Dog park on site; pub a short drive away; mountain trail nearby
Electric optional hardstanding and grass motorhome pitch 5 x From £16.92/€20/A$30.03/US$21.13/CA$27.13/CHF20.60/SEK210.07/DKK148.81/NOK205.89/ISK2,775/ARS2,502.88/CLP17,676/PEN78.66/NZ$32.98/ZAR334.68/PLN92.62/R$103.16/CZK492.75/RSD2,350/HUF7,691.80/RUB1,310.15/CN¥141.43 per night
- Well-maintained and friendly site with spectacular views of Bannow Bay
- Horse and pony trekking available from the site
- Dog-friendly setting a 45-minute drive from ferries at Rosslare
Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £14.38/€17/A$25.53/US$17.96/CA$23.06/CHF17.51/SEK178.56/DKK126.49/NOK175.01/ISK2,359/ARS2,127.45/CLP15,025/PEN66.86/NZ$28.04/ZAR284.48/PLN78.73/R$87.68/CZK418.84/RSD1,998/HUF6,538.03/RUB1,113.62/CN¥120.22 per night Electric hardstanding touring pitch 6 x From £18.61/€22/A$33.03/US$23.24/CA$29.85/CHF22.66/SEK231.08/DKK163.69/NOK226.48/ISK3,052/ARS2,753.17/CLP19,444/PEN86.53/NZ$36.28/ZAR368.15/PLN101.88/R$113.47/CZK542.03/RSD2,585/HUF8,460.98/RUB1,441.16/CN¥155.58 per night Electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £21.15/€25/A$37.54/US$26.41/CA$33.91/CHF25.75/SEK262.59/DKK186.01/NOK257.36/ISK3,468/ARS3,128.60/CLP22,096/PEN98.33/NZ$41.23/ZAR418.35/PLN115.77/R$128.95/CZK615.94/RSD2,938/HUF9,614.75/RUB1,637.68/CN¥176.79 per night
- Small and peaceful family-run site on Kerry's Beara peninsula
- Derreen Gardens, Lake Glenmore and Healy Pass within 10 minutes' drive
- On-site kitchen with oven and fridge; a 10-minute drive from the pub
Electric optional grass tent, trailer tent or campervan pitch 5 x From £16.92/€20/A$30.03/US$21.13/CA$27.13/CHF20.60/SEK210.07/DKK148.81/NOK205.89/ISK2,775/ARS2,502.88/CLP17,676/PEN78.66/NZ$32.98/ZAR334.68/PLN92.62/R$103.16/CZK492.75/RSD2,350/HUF7,691.80/RUB1,310.15/CN¥141.43 per night Electric optional hardstanding and grass touring pitch 5 x From £16.92/€20/A$30.03/US$21.13/CA$27.13/CHF20.60/SEK210.07/DKK148.81/NOK205.89/ISK2,775/ARS2,502.88/CLP17,676/PEN78.66/NZ$32.98/ZAR334.68/PLN92.62/R$103.16/CZK492.75/RSD2,350/HUF7,691.80/RUB1,310.15/CN¥141.43 per night
- Scenic family site with spectacular views of the Shropshire Hills
- A half-hour drive from Ironbridge, Hoo Farm and Telford Steam Railway
- Ramblers' paradise: climb the Wrekin within half an hour’s drive
Electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch 6 x From £39.50/€46.69/A$70.10/US$49.33/CA$63.34/CHF48.09/SEK490.40/DKK347.38/NOK480.63/ISK6,477/ARS5,842.77/CLP41,264/PEN183.63/NZ$77/ZAR781.29/PLN216.21/R$240.81/CZK1,150.29/RSD5,486/HUF17,955.89/RUB3,058.43/CN¥330.16 per night Electric grass touring pitch 6 x From £39.50/€46.69/A$70.10/US$49.33/CA$63.34/CHF48.09/SEK490.40/DKK347.38/NOK480.63/ISK6,477/ARS5,842.77/CLP41,264/PEN183.63/NZ$77/ZAR781.29/PLN216.21/R$240.81/CZK1,150.29/RSD5,486/HUF17,955.89/RUB3,058.43/CN¥330.16 per night
- Off-grid site in a secluded corner of rural Cheshire
- A 20-minute drive to the edge of the Peak District; 10 to Congleton
- Eco retreat with campfire areas; breakfast available
Non-electric forest floor tent pitch 5 x From £20/€23.64/A$35.49/US$24.98/CA$32.07/CHF24.35/SEK248.30/DKK175.89/NOK243.36/ISK3,280/ARS2,958.36/CLP20,893/PEN92.98/NZ$38.99/ZAR395.59/PLN109.47/R$121.93/CZK582.42/RSD2,778/HUF9,091.59/RUB1,548.57/CN¥167.17 per night
- Secluded luxury yurt in rural Essex, near Beaumont-cum-Moze
- A 15-minute drive from Frinton-on-Sea; 25 minutes from Colchester
- Kingsize bed, plus decking with two outdoor baths and gas barbecue
Yurt 2 x From £110/€130.02/A$195.22/US$137.37/CA$176.38/CHF133.93/SEK1,365.67/DKK967.39/NOK1,338.47/ISK18,039/ARS16,271/CLP114,913/PEN511.37/NZ$214.42/ZAR2,175.75/PLN602.10/R$670.62/CZK3,203.33/RSD15,279/HUF50,003.73/RUB8,517.16/CN¥919.44 per night
- Rural campsite on a working farm close to Dorset's beaches
- A five-minute drive to Corfe Castle; 20 minutes to the Jurassic Coast
- Snack bar on site; an easy walk to a farm shop, pub and birdwatching
Non-electric grass tent pitch 5 x From £20/€23.64/A$35.49/US$24.98/CA$32.07/CHF24.35/SEK248.30/DKK175.89/NOK243.36/ISK3,280/ARS2,958.36/CLP20,893/PEN92.98/NZ$38.99/ZAR395.59/PLN109.47/R$121.93/CZK582.42/RSD2,778/HUF9,091.59/RUB1,548.57/CN¥167.17 per night
- Naturist site by the beach five kilometres from Isola di Capo Rizzuto
- Half an hour's drive from historic attractions of Crotone
- Sports facilities, entertainment, restaurant, shop and bar
Electric optional grass pitch 4 x From £12.69/€15/A$22.52/US$15.85/CA$20.35/CHF15.45/SEK157.55/DKK111.61/NOK154.42/ISK2,081/ARS1,877.16/CLP13,257/PEN59/NZ$24.74/ZAR251.01/PLN69.46/R$77.37/CZK369.56/RSD1,763/HUF5,768.85/RUB982.61/CN¥106.07 per night Pitagora 2 bedroom static caravan 4 x From £47.38/€56/A$84.08/US$59.17/CA$75.97/CHF57.69/SEK588.20/DKK416.66/NOK576.49/ISK7,769/ARS7,008.06/CLP49,494/PEN220.25/NZ$92.35/ZAR937.11/PLN259.33/R$288.84/CZK1,379.70/RSD6,581/HUF21,537.03/RUB3,668.41/CN¥396.01 per night Euclide 1 bedroom static caravan 2 x From £49.92/€59/A$88.59/US$62.34/CA$80.04/CHF60.78/SEK619.72/DKK438.98/NOK607.37/ISK8,186/ARS7,383.49/CLP52,145/PEN232.05/NZ$97.30/ZAR987.32/PLN273.22/R$304.31/CZK1,453.61/RSD6,933/HUF22,690.80/RUB3,864.93/CN¥417.23 per night
- Simple pitches in Meiningen, 10 minutes' walk from town centre
- A five-minute walk from the attractions of Goetz Cave
- Outdoor pool, firepit and outdoor seating areas on site
Electric optional hardstanding touring pitch 5 x From £15.23/€18/A$27.03/US$19.02/CA$24.42/CHF18.54/SEK189.07/DKK133.93/NOK185.30/ISK2,497/ARS2,252.59/CLP15,909/PEN70.80/NZ$29.68/ZAR301.22/PLN83.36/R$92.84/CZK443.48/RSD2,115/HUF6,922.62/RUB1,179.13/CN¥127.29 per night
- Family-friendly site at the entrance of Aït-Ben-Haddou ksar
- ‘Moroccan Hollywood’ Ouarzazate within half an hour’s drive
- Hot showers, restaurant and terrace with views of ksar and High Atlas
Electric optional gravel pitch 5 x From £3.38/€4/A$6.01/US$4.23/CA$5.43/CHF4.12/SEK42.01/DKK29.76/NOK41.18/ISK555/ARS500.58/CLP3,535/PEN15.73/NZ$6.60/ZAR66.94/PLN18.52/R$20.63/CZK98.55/RSD470/HUF1,538.36/RUB262.03/CN¥28.29 per night
- Peaceful site with fishing on the River Aller just outside of Nordburg
- A five-minute drive from Wienhausen and 20 from Celle
- Access to a well-developed network of walking and cycling paths
Electric optional grass tent pitch 5 x From £15.23/€18/A$27.03/US$19.02/CA$24.42/CHF18.54/SEK189.07/DKK133.93/NOK185.30/ISK2,497/ARS2,252.59/CLP15,909/PEN70.80/NZ$29.68/ZAR301.22/PLN83.36/R$92.84/CZK443.48/RSD2,115/HUF6,922.62/RUB1,179.13/CN¥127.29 per night Electric optional grass motorhome pitch 5 x Electric optional grass touring caravan pitch 5 x
- Quiet pitches at a wildlife-rich Anglesey farm a mile from the coast
- Easy access to Anglesey Coast Path; 25 minutes' drive to Holyhead
- Dark skies area with great stargazing; communal firepit on site
Non-electric grass tent, trailer tent or campervan pitch 8 x From £19/€22.46/A$33.72/US$23.73/CA$30.47/CHF23.13/SEK235.89/DKK167.09/NOK231.19/ISK3,116/ARS2,810.45/CLP19,849/PEN88.33/NZ$37.04/ZAR375.81/PLN104/R$115.83/CZK553.30/RSD2,639/HUF8,637.01/RUB1,471.15/CN¥158.81 per night
- Dog-friendly bell tents at a pop-up place in the Hampshire Countryside
- A 15-minute drive to the South Downs; 25 minutes to Winchester
- Firepits, firewood and a picnic table provided; pubs 10 minutes’ drive
Bell tent (maximum 4 adults) 5 x From £95/€112.29/A$168.60/US$118.64/CA$152.33/CHF115.67/SEK1,179.44/DKK835.47/NOK1,155.95/ISK15,579/ARS14,052.23/CLP99,243/PEN441.64/NZ$185.18/ZAR1,879.06/PLN520/R$579.17/CZK2,766.51/RSD13,195/HUF43,185.04/RUB7,355.73/CN¥794.06 per night
- Dog-friendly six-acre site in an ancient Dorset woodland
- A 15-minute drive to Dorchester and Sherborne; 40 minutes to Weymouth
- Firepits allowed; woodland tracks; local pub 15 minutes’ walk away
Non-electric grass and earth tent pitch 4 x From £30/€35.46/A$53.24/US$37.47/CA$48.10/CHF36.53/SEK372.46/DKK263.83/NOK365.04/ISK4,920/ARS4,437.55/CLP31,340/PEN139.47/NZ$58.48/ZAR593.39/PLN164.21/R$182.90/CZK873.64/RSD4,167/HUF13,637.38/RUB2,322.86/CN¥250.76 per night
- Peaceful farm campsite with spectacular Malvern Hills views
- Great Malvern and Upton upon Severn 10 minutes' drive
- Within walking distance of events at the Three Counties Showground
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch 6 x From £15/€17.73/A$26.62/US$18.73/CA$24.05/CHF18.26/SEK186.23/DKK131.92/NOK182.52/ISK2,460/ARS2,218.77/CLP15,670/PEN69.73/NZ$29.24/ZAR296.69/PLN82.10/R$91.45/CZK436.82/RSD2,083/HUF6,818.69/RUB1,161.43/CN¥125.38 per night Non-electric grass touring pitch 6 x From £15/€17.73/A$26.62/US$18.73/CA$24.05/CHF18.26/SEK186.23/DKK131.92/NOK182.52/ISK2,460/ARS2,218.77/CLP15,670/PEN69.73/NZ$29.24/ZAR296.69/PLN82.10/R$91.45/CZK436.82/RSD2,083/HUF6,818.69/RUB1,161.43/CN¥125.38 per night
- Peaceful meadow camping less than three miles from Chester city centre
- A 10-minute drive from the Welsh border; Liverpool half an hour
- Spacious grass pitches with easy access to the A51
Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £20/€23.64/A$35.49/US$24.98/CA$32.07/CHF24.35/SEK248.30/DKK175.89/NOK243.36/ISK3,280/ARS2,958.36/CLP20,893/PEN92.98/NZ$38.99/ZAR395.59/PLN109.47/R$121.93/CZK582.42/RSD2,778/HUF9,091.59/RUB1,548.57/CN¥167.17 per night
- Peaceful site in the Ariège Pyrénées Regional Nature Park
- Hiking, biking, gliding and climbing within 10 minutes’ drive
- Well placed for exploring medieval Cathar castles
Non-electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £10.15/€12/A$18.02/US$12.68/CA$16.28/CHF12.36/SEK126.04/DKK89.28/NOK123.53/ISK1,665/ARS1,501.73/CLP10,606/PEN47.20/NZ$19.79/ZAR200.81/PLN55.57/R$61.89/CZK295.65/RSD1,410/HUF4,615.08/RUB786.09/CN¥84.86 per night Non-electric grass touring pitch 6 x From £11/€13/A$19.52/US$13.74/CA$17.64/CHF13.39/SEK136.55/DKK96.73/NOK133.83/ISK1,804/ARS1,626.87/CLP11,490/PEN51.13/NZ$21.44/ZAR217.54/PLN60.20/R$67.05/CZK320.29/RSD1,528/HUF4,999.67/RUB851.60/CN¥91.93 per night Electric grass tent pitch 6 x From £12.69/€15/A$22.52/US$15.85/CA$20.35/CHF15.45/SEK157.55/DKK111.61/NOK154.42/ISK2,081/ARS1,877.16/CLP13,257/PEN59/NZ$24.74/ZAR251.01/PLN69.46/R$77.37/CZK369.56/RSD1,763/HUF5,768.85/RUB982.61/CN¥106.07 per night Electric grass touring pitch 6 x From £13.54/€16/A$24.02/US$16.91/CA$21.71/CHF16.48/SEK168.06/DKK119.05/NOK164.71/ISK2,220/ARS2,002.30/CLP14,141/PEN62.93/NZ$26.39/ZAR267.75/PLN74.09/R$82.53/CZK394.20/RSD1,880/HUF6,153.44/RUB1,048.12/CN¥113.15 per night
- Quiet rural site between Tiverton and Exmoor National Park
- 45 minutes' drive from beaches on the Devon coast
- Well-equipped tents with private kitchen and bathroom facilities
Campion bell tent 4 x From £90/€106.38/A$159.73/US$112.40/CA$144.31/CHF109.58/SEK1,117.37/DKK791.50/NOK1,095.11/ISK14,759/ARS13,312.64/CLP94,020/PEN418.40/NZ$175.43/ZAR1,780.16/PLN492.63/R$548.69/CZK2,620.91/RSD12,501/HUF40,912.15/RUB6,968.58/CN¥752.27 per night Meadowsweet bell tent 4 x From £90/€106.38/A$159.73/US$112.40/CA$144.31/CHF109.58/SEK1,117.37/DKK791.50/NOK1,095.11/ISK14,759/ARS13,312.64/CLP94,020/PEN418.40/NZ$175.43/ZAR1,780.16/PLN492.63/R$548.69/CZK2,620.91/RSD12,501/HUF40,912.15/RUB6,968.58/CN¥752.27 per night Willowherb bell tent 4 x From £180/€212.76/A$319.45/US$224.79/CA$288.63/CHF219.16/SEK2,234.73/DKK1,583/NOK2,190.23/ISK29,518/ARS26,625.28/CLP188,039/PEN836.79/NZ$350.87/ZAR3,560.32/PLN985.26/R$1,097.37/CZK5,241.81/RSD25,001/HUF81,824.29/RUB13,937.17/CN¥1,504.54 per 2 nights
- Coastal glamping site in private woodland on the Isle of Purbeck
- A 15-minute drive from Corfe Castle and the Swanage Railway
- Coast views, jetty for kayak launching and pop-up shop on site
Bell tent (maximum 4 adults) 6 x From £75/€88.65/A$133.11/US$93.66/CA$120.26/CHF91.32/SEK931.14/DKK659.58/NOK912.59/ISK12,299/ARS11,093.87/CLP78,350/PEN348.66/NZ$146.19/ZAR1,483.47/PLN410.52/R$457.24/CZK2,184.09/RSD10,417/HUF34,093.45/RUB5,807.15/CN¥626.89 per night Maple tipi 6 x From £125/€147.75/A$221.84/US$156.11/CA$200.43/CHF152.19/SEK1,551.90/DKK1,099.30/NOK1,520.99/ISK20,498/ARS18,489.78/CLP130,583/PEN581.11/NZ$243.66/ZAR2,472.44/PLN684.21/R$762.06/CZK3,640.15/RSD17,362/HUF56,822.42/RUB9,678.59/CN¥1,044.82 per night
- Fully serviced campground in the Black Hills National Park
- A 10-minute drive from Custer; half an hour from Mount Rushmore
- Playground, outdoor kitchen, camping store and outdoor social area
Fully-serviced grass and gravel touring pitch 6 x From £39.24/€46.38/A$69.63/US$49/CA$62.91/CHF47.77/SEK487.12/DKK345.06/NOK477.42/ISK6,434/ARS5,803.73/CLP40,988/PEN182.40/NZ$76.48/ZAR776.07/PLN214.76/R$239.20/CZK1,142.60/RSD5,450/HUF17,835.92/RUB3,038/CN¥327.96 per night
Why pick a fire-friendly campsite?
Get ready for the glow
Nothing quite beats huddling around a campfire, no matter the time of year. It’s a thing that’s founded on simple pleasures – there’s telling ghostly tales while keeping an eye out for werewolves, cooking stews and sausages over the embers, more or less successfully singing along to the guitar… the list goes on. Whether these activities are your established camp classics or you’re yet to try them out, Pitchup.com is the place to find a fire-friendly campsite near you.
A blazing fire is a handsome sight against pretty much any backdrop, but it’s still worth giving thought to the kind of scenery you’re looking for. After inspiration? We’ve got campsites where you can sleep surrounded by lakes and/or mountains, pitches in the middle of woodlands that rustle with wildlife and fire-friendly sites close to the coast…
And that’s without exploring the hundreds of campfire-friendly glamping options out there – a best of both worlds choice that blends pre-pitched comfort with the primitive pleasure of stoking the flames.
You might also want to take your pack to a dog-friendly site where fires are allowed– if so, keep your pet on a lead in case the sight of all those neatly-stacked sticks proves too tempting…
Few planning on cooking over a campfire aim for the heady heights of haute cuisine (after all, you’ve got our gastronomic delight collection for that). That said, just like kitchen cooking, you can boil, roast, fry, and grill food on a campfire, or simply wrap a potato in foil and stick it in the flames to bake.
For most other techniques, you’ll need at least some equipment, but this option still has the potential to be less bulky than bringing a barbecue along. One nifty tool that may come in handy is a collapsible cooking tripod, where you can hang your Dutch oven or light-weight frying pan.
Top tips for a smooth trip
Light your fire like a pro
Fire-building – much like ice skating, surfing or building a tent – is one of those things that looks simple but takes practice to get right. Basically, it’s all in the layering – start off with your tinder, surround it with a generous amount of kindling, put some small sticks on top and gradually work your way up to the bigger logs.
If you’ve never tried building a campfire before, consider having a read of our fire-building guide. Print it off if you’re looking for a wild-style break without your phone (or if you need something to scrunch up to get the flames flickering). Sites may also lay on bushcraft courses to help get you started.
As any good Scout or Guide can tell you, fires need to be built, burned and extinguished responsibly.
Building: while a cone-shaped heap of logs is a good way to get a fire burning, oversized pyres are out.
Burning: if your site doesn’t already have designated campfire areas, pick a place with sandy or earthy ground, away from overhanging trees and a safe distance from tents – those floaty sparks and embers may look pretty, but they’re also a potential risk to your surroundings.
Extinguishing: even when the flames have died down, your campfire may remain extremely hot for several hours. If in any doubt, pour cold water over the embers before turning in for the night, stirring some ash into the earth until the fire’s completely out.
Newcomers to camping are often surprised that some campsites ask that guests only buy firewood directly from the site. These rules aren’t to help the owner make a quick buck – they’re in place because whenever you move wood, you’re at risk of moving insects and tree diseases too.
Campsite owners who ask that you don’t bring wood from home – or worse, forage for it in protected wildlife habitats on site – are simply trying to protect the delicate balance of their local area’s ecosystem. A small price to pay to make sure that campfires can continue at as many sites as possible.
Find what you’re looking for…
Ready to find your campfire-friendly stay? Make friends with our filters to browse themes and facilities, or use the map when searching to find a campfire-friendly campsite near you.
Weather looking uncertain? Get back-up at a fire-friendly site with electricity.
All those earthy and woody smells that swirl around a campfire are great, but they do tend to hang around after the event. Pick a site with a shower to easily do away with any unwanted odours.
…then pack up and go
Many sites will sell some of the following items on-site, but any self-respecting campfire connoisseur will have the following in their back pocket:
Matches, a lighter or a flint fire-striker
A tinder box
Disposable firelighters (to be hidden after the fire is lit to avoid allegations of cheating)
Firewood (unless you’re asked to buy it on site)
A sharp knife to cut up smaller twigs
- Narrow your search to:
- Northern Ireland5
- The Netherlands5
- Republic of Ireland3
- South Africa3
- Costa Rica2
- Czech Republic2
- Bosnia and Herzegovina1
- Sao Tome and Principe1