This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In a green setting between Saverne and the Castle of Hohbarr
- Covered pool, snack bar and shop
- Within easy reach of the Alsace Wine Route
Sink into the area surrounding Camping Les Portes d'Alsace near Savern, in France's Alsace region and close to Strasbourg.
It's a place of nature and history, influenced by French and German culture, and an area with seven (oui, seven) different grape varieties and many (many) scenic wine routes. This is castle land too: so much so that one can be seen from your Camping Les Portes d'Alsace pitch...
Les Portes d'Alsace is in a green setting between the town of Saverne and the Castle of Hohbarr, in a land of châteaux, forests, valleys, and hiking, biking and horse riding trails. It has a covered pool, bike hire, a convenience store and a snack bar selling ice creams, drinks and light bites. Bread and pastries to pick up the next morning can be ordered in high season.
The Les Portes d'Alsace team runs an entertainment programme during the main summer months.
Open from 26/03/2021 to 01/11/2021
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
The reception staff were very helpful. The toilet and shower …
Really tidy site with lots of things for kids.
It was ok
From the manager...
Thank you for your feedback.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
From the A4 take Exit 45 (Saverne/Bouxwiller) continue on the D1404 for 3.5 kilometres then take the exit for the D6-D16 (Monswiller/Saverne). At the roundabout take the D6 (signposted Saverne) and at traffic lights 2.8 kilometres later, turn right onto the D1004 towards Nancy and Metz. After the second lights turn right and after 290 metres turn left, signposted Campings/Lycée du Haut-Barr, and the site entrance will be on your left in 1.2 kilometres.
Staying near Savern is a super spot to find the hiking, biking and hacking trails of Alsace, as well as the archaeological and religious history of the area. Over 260 kilometres of marked trails are around this region, passing valleys and forests as well as castles such as the aforementioned Château du Haut-Barr, a fortified castle with spectacular views over the plain of Alsace and the Vosges.
The nearby Saint-Louis-Arzviller inclined plane, part of the Marne-Rhine Canal, is one of the most-visited river sites in France and it is ingeniously how vessels can flow up the canal over the Vosges Mountains. Boat, train rides and visits to the engine room are all available to find out more.
Another popular option in the area is the otter and stork park in Hunawihr, along the Alsace Wine Route and home to around 200 storks as well as ducks and European otters.
- Does Camping Les Portes d'Alsace have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Les Portes d'Alsace dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Les Portes d'Alsace? Staying near Savern is a super spot to find the hiking, biking and hacking trails of Alsace, as well as the archaeological and religious history of the area. Over 260 kilometres of … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Les Portes d'Alsace?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.