This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site on a small farm
- Swimming pond, playground, restaurant and petting zoo
- Near the Erlaufschlucht ravine for hiking trails
A warm welcome, friendly vibe, spectacular views and lauded 'exceptional' amenities are all yours at Austria's Aktiv Camp Purgstall Camping und Ferienpark, a family-friendly site on a small Scheibbs district farm on the edge of the mountainous Ötscherland region.
There's loads to do in this lovely location without having to stir a foot outside the site: the grounds include a pond for swimming and paddling; a petting zoo so the kids can coo at chooks and rabbits; a roomy canine exercise area for dogs to run around in, and not just a playground but a play meadow too. Off site, the Erlaufschlucht ravine and its tiptop walks for all abilities is nearby, and cycling, rafting and fishing are all popular around local town Purgstall an der Erlauf and its surrounds.
You'll def spend significant time at the cosy central guesthouse when back at base too, as it houses the Aktiv restaurant (with wine-tasting area, ta very much), the guest kitchen and a common room with TV and internet connection. If you want to sort your own dins, barbecues and campfires are both allowed, so you can spend significant time should you so wish tucking into supper under the stars.
Amenities, also in the main guesthouse, are so sparklingly kept you'll likely want to linger over your lathering up too: as well as your essentials of toilets and showers, the bathrooms are well kitted out with mirrors, hairdryers and a baby room with bath, changing table and bottle warmers.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great facilities, very friendly, everything you need, local to shops …
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
saubere Anlage, freundliches Personal
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Aktivcamp Purgstall Camping & Ferienpark is five minutes' walk from the historic town of Purgstall an der Erlauf, home to the 10th-century Purgstall Castle and its huge and green grounds. Sports facilities, museums and an adventure pool with 50-metre waterslide are also in town.
More spectacular scenery, along with handsomely located hikes, are 10 minutes' walk away around the Erlaufschlucht ravine. The keen and fit can take the Fischersteig trail, running along the left bank of the river directly in the gorge; for a gentler ramble, a four-kilometre almost flat circular route runs on both sides of the Erlaufschlucht.
Popular days out in the area include the Erlauftaler fire brigade museum, a kilometre from the site; the excellent Nixhöhle caves, 25 minutes' drive away, and the Ötscherland-Express steam train (15 minutes), running through Lower Austria's mountainous region among splendid valley and hill views.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Aktiv Camp Purgstall Camping und Ferienpark have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Aktiv Camp Purgstall Camping und Ferienpark dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Aktiv Camp Purgstall Camping und Ferienpark? Aktivcamp Purgstall Camping & Ferienpark is five minutes' walk from the historic town of Purgstall an der Erlauf, home to the 10th-century Purgstall Castle and its huge and green grounds. Sports facilities, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Aktiv Camp Purgstall Camping und Ferienpark?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.