This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful, basic pitches at a well-established eco community
- A half-hour footpath walk to Newport; 20 minutes' drive to Cardigan
- In the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park at the foot of Carningli
Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping is a quiet site in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, at the foot of Carningli, two miles from the sea and about five minutes’ drive from Newport (that’s the Pembrokeshire Newport, not the one in south Wales…)
Stays here are in a designated field that’s part of a well-established eco community set up in 1994 on an 80-acre restored farm. The whole place is off-grid for electricity and uses water from mountain springs; recycling even stretches to toilet waste, which is composted to feed the site’s fruit trees.
If you’re intrigued by the idea of self-sufficiency or community living, this is the place to find out a bit more – over their 25 years they’ve learnt a thing or few and are happy to share the knowledge with those who’d like to take a tour, volunteer or join a training course.
Pitches here are similarly off-grid and basic: you can pitch wherever you wish in the field, and you’ll have access to new compost toilets, a washing-up sink, a handwashing sink and a solar shower (where you hoist up a bag heated by the sun and take a warm outdoor shower in a private cubicle). Firepits are available to hire and firewood can be purchased on site.
For foodie needs, take a wander down to Newport: a footpath leads down there for a good clutch of cafés, restaurant and pubs, plus shops and an excellent butcher for your barbecue bits.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
A special site where you can be at one with nature.
Wild camping! Stunning spot with beautiful walks and peace and …
Back to nature camping
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitising stations
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
— 15.2 miles
15.2 miles Chemist — 18.4 miles
18.4 miles Black Lion — 18.5 miles
- Train stations
Fishguard Harbour Rail Station
— 7.5 miles
7.5 miles Fishguard & Goodwick Rail Station — 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Clarbeston Road Rail Station — 10.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Fishguard Ferry Terminal
— 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Pembroke Dock Ferry Terminal — 22.0 miles
22.0 miles Milford Haven - Dock Entrance — 22.4 miles
— 42.1 miles
Please note the marker on the map, which shows the entrance to the pitches field; don't use the main Brithdir Mawr track.
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Carningli trails: 15 minutes’ walk
- Bluestone Brewery: 20 minutes’ walk
- Parrog seafront: 50 minutes’ walk/10 minutes’ drive
- Newport Sands (dunes, rockpools and shallow water for swims): 10 minutes’ drive
- Pentre Ifan burial chamber: 10 minutes
- Horse riding: 10 minutes
- Dyfed Shire Horse Farm: 10 minutes
- Fishguard (aquarium, Dyffryn Fernant Gardens, walk to Strumble Head): 20 minutes
- Cardigan (watersports and wildlife boat trips: 20 minutes
- Cilgerran Castle: 25 minutes
- Poppit Sands beach: half an hour.
- National Wool Museum (17.6 miles)
- St Davids Cathedral (20.7 miles)
- Pembrokeshire Coast National Park (21.7 miles)
- St David's Visitor Centre and Shop (21.1 miles)
- Tudor Merchant's House (23.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkPayPal
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Carningli trails: 15 minutes’ walk - Bluestone Brewery: 20 minutes’ walk - Parrog seafront: 50 minutes’ walk/10 minutes’ drive - Newport Sands (dunes, rockpools and shallow … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.