Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Peaceful, basic pitches at a well-established eco community
- A half-hour footpath walk to Newport; 20 minutes' drive to Cardigan
- In the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park at the foot of Carningli
Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping is a quiet site in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, at the foot of Carningli, two miles from the sea and about five minutes’ drive from Newport (that’s the Pembrokeshire Newport, not the one in south Wales…)
Stays here are in a designated field that’s part of a well-established eco community set up in 1994 on an 80-acre restored farm. The whole place is off-grid for electricity and uses water from mountain springs; recycling even stretches to toilet waste, which is composted to feed the site’s fruit trees.
If you’re intrigued by the idea of self-sufficiency or community living, this is the place to find out a bit more – over their 25 years they’ve learnt a thing or few and are happy to share the knowledge with those who’d like to take a tour, volunteer or join a training course.
Pitches here are similarly off-grid and basic: you can pitch wherever you wish in the field, and you’ll have access to new compost toilets, a washing-up sink, a handwashing sink and a bucket shower (where you heat the water to fill the bucket, hoist it up and enjoy a warm outdoor shower in a private cubicle). Also provided is a firepit, along with a sack of wood to get you started (if you need more, that will need to be bought on site).
For foodie needs, take a wander down to Newport: a footpath leads down there for a good clutch of cafés, restaurant and pubs, plus shops and an excellent butcher for your barbecue bits.
Open from 02/08/2021 to 30/08/2021
No cars/motorcycles at the site. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
Single-sex bookings of 10 or more people (couples and immediate family members excepted) are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
The site caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
Please note that the toilet/shower facilities are unisex.
Discount cards and gift vouchers cannot be applied to bookings made via Pitchup.com.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
Twin axle vehicles are not permitted on site.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro) and/or any of the following: Staffordshire bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiler, any Mastiff or Tosa.
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Check availability at Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Non-electric grass pitch
Max. persons: 4 x
Pitch size : Max 8.0m width x 6.0m depth (26.2ft width x 19.7ft depth) Calculated area: 48.0m² (516.7ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar ($), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitizing stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
Haverfordwest Bus Station
— 24.5 kilometres
24.5 kilometres St Clears (Carmarthenshire) Coach Stop — 29.7 kilometres
29.7 kilometres Johnston (Pembrokeshire): Railway Inn Coach Stop — 30.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Fishguard Harbour Rail Station
— 12.0 kilometres
12.0 kilometres Fishguard & Goodwick Rail Station — 12.6 kilometres
12.6 kilometres Clarbeston Road Rail Station — 17.5 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Fishguard Ferry Terminal
— 12.5 kilometres
12.5 kilometres Pembroke Dock Ferry Terminal — 35.4 kilometres
35.4 kilometres Milford Haven Dock Entrance — 36.1 kilometres
— 67.8 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Carningli trails: 15 minutes’ walk
- Bluestone Brewery: 20 minutes’ walk
- Parrog seafront: 50 minutes’ walk/10 minutes’ drive
- Newport Sands (dunes, rockpools and shallow water for swims): 10 minutes’ drive
- Pentre Ifan burial chamber: 10 minutes
- Horse riding: 10 minutes
- Dyfed Shire Horse Farm: 10 minutes
- Fishguard (aquarium, Dyffryn Fernant Gardens, walk to Strumble Head): 20 minutes
- Cardigan (watersports and wildlife boat trips: 20 minutes
- Cilgerran Castle: 25 minutes
- Poppit Sands beach: half an hour.
- National Wool Museum (28.3 kilometres)
- St Davids Cathedral (33.3 kilometres)
- Pembrokeshire Coast National Park (34.9 kilometres)
- St David's Visitor Centre and Shop (33.9 kilometres)
- Tudor Merchant's House (37.6 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||10 a.m. –||8 p.m.|
Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Carningli trails: 15 minutes’ walk - Bluestone Brewery: 20 minutes’ walk - Parrog seafront: 50 minutes’ walk/10 minutes’ drive - Newport Sands (dunes, rockpools and shallow … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon
- How much does it cost to stay at Brithdir Mawr Wild and Eco Camping? From $35.75 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability