This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Next to Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park: free entry for site guests
- On a scenic headland with sea views, 10 minutes' drive from Mwnt beach
- Adventure playground, visitor centre, café and animals to meet
If you'd like to go nature spotting in Wales, consider Cardigan Bay and the nature reserve Cardigan Island. And if you'd like to stay in the Cardigan Island vicinity, go to Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park, a site adjacent to the popular and family-run farm park of the same name, set on a scenic headland with views of Cardigan Island and the dolphins below.
Cardigan Island, 200 yards offshore and visible from the site, has thousands of nesting seabirds to see, a flock of wild Soay sheep (originally from the Scottish Isle of Soay, south of Skye) and a colony of grey Atlantic seals breeding in the many caves below the farm park cliffs (you and the kids should be able to see them every day of your stay). The bay's bottlenose dolphins also frequent these waters, particularly on calm days when they swim closer to the shore and can be seen from the farm park.
On site, there's a variety of friendly animals to meet including pigs, sheep, goats, rarebreed cattle, ponies, chickens, rabbits, ducks, geese and a donkey, and a llama, emu and wallaby representing non-natives. There's also an adventure playground and sandpit for the kids, and a large visitor centre (open daily from 10am to 6pm) with a café, gift shop and plenty of play equipment.
The campsite part of the park is on a gentle slope with spectacular views over the farm park and out to sea, and has showers, toilets and dishwashing facilities on site. Other toilets and a baby changing area are in the visitor centre when it's open.
And yet another cracking thing about staying at this Cardigan Island campsite? Entrance to the farm park is free for guests.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
I will definitely be coming back here, brilliant!!
I lovely place to stay with the kids. Mine loved it.
It was a beautiful place, amazing views of the sea …
Spectacular views of the coastline. Lovely site with spacious pitches. …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 22.4 miles
22.4 miles Black Lion — 22.4 miles
22.4 miles Bus Station — 24.4 miles
- Train stations
Fishguard Harbour Rail Station
— 15.1 miles
15.1 miles Fishguard & Goodwick Rail Station — 15.7 miles
15.7 miles Clunderwen Rail Station — 19.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Fishguard Ferry Terminal
— 15.6 miles
— 44.5 miles
After a day at the farm park, several cracking and family-friendly beaches are in the area: have days at Mwnt (and the Church of the Holy Cross), Aberporth, Tresaith, Penbryn, Llangrannog, Newquay and Poppit Sands, all within easy driving distance.
Shoppers, pubbers and restaurant goers have plenty of picks in Cardigan town (10 minutes' drive) as well as a golf club, swimming pool, the Theatre Mwldan and the Custom House shop and gallery. For something more strenuous, both the Ceredigion Coast Path and the Pembrokeshire Coast Path are accessible from Cardigan: take either path to Amroth about nine miles away for more spectacular scenery of Cardigan Bay.
Cardigan Bay stayers could also check out some Welsh history at St Dogmaels Abbey, Cilgerran Castle and the National Wool Museum, splash around Cenarth Falls and the National Coracle Centre, and see yet more animals at the Welsh Wildlife Centre, with its nature trails, willow maze, water buffalo and giant willow badger.
- National Wool Museum (13.8 miles)
- Llanerchaeron - National Trust (20.3 miles)
- St Davids Cathedral (29.5 miles)
- St David's Visitor Centre and Shop (29.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
If arriving before 6pm please call at the farm park visitor centre. For all arrivals after 6pm please call at the white farmhouse.
Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkAmerican Express
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park? After a day at the farm park, several cracking and family-friendly beaches are in the area: have days at Mwnt (and the Church of the Holy Cross), Aberporth, Tresaith, Penbryn, Llangrannog, Newquay … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.
If arriving before 6pm please call at the farm park visitor centre. For all arrivals after 6pm please call at the white farmhouse.Read more