This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful, gently sloping three-acre site 500 metres from the beach
- A five-minute walk to the South West Coast Path and an activity centre
- Pub and two restaurants a five-minute walk away; footpaths locally
From paddles in the sea to a stomp along the South West Coast Path, Porlock Weir Campsite is well-situated for a stay on the Devon seaside. The gently sloping three-acre site is part of the peaceful village of Porlock Weir, home to a pebble beach and small harbour, 35 minutes' drive away from Lynton and Lynmouth.
You’ll be able to leave the car behind for a while if you wish, as there’s much to do within five minutes’ walk of the site, whether that’s linking up with the South West Coast Path, going for a potter around the beach or fishing trips from the harbour.
Around the corner, still just five minutes’ walk away, there’s an activity centre that will quickly get you going with activities from kayaking, paddleboarding and coasteering to mountain biking, rock climbing, archery or bicycle hire.
Food won’t be too far away here either, as the village has a pub and two restaurants – fuel for the splendid walking trails that you’ll find in the surrounding area. The nearest farm shop is 10 minutes’ drive away too, in case you want to grab some locally-produced meat for a barbecue back on site.
Back on site, the peaceful seaside spot has views over the Bristol Channel and basic facilities, including a portaloo and a tap with mains drinking water so that you’ll be able to keep your bottle topped up.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Farmer's field on a slope. Clean enjoyable stay.
Beautiful sea views. Toilet and water on site. Lots of …
Minimal camping experience. Very close to beach. Friendly campsite owner.
Great basic campsite, brilliant spot. Camp on the slope for views!
Matthew is a lovely gent and very helpful.
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 6.3 miles
6.3 miles Butlins — 7.0 miles
7.0 miles The Square — 16.5 miles
- Train stations
Llantwit Major Rail Station
— 14.8 miles
14.8 miles Rhoose Rail Station — 16.8 miles
16.8 miles Barry Rail Station — 19.3 miles
- Ferry ports
— 6.5 miles
6.5 miles Barry Waterfront Ferry Terminal — 19.8 miles
19.8 miles Ilfracombe Ferry Landing — 21.2 miles
Cardiff International Airport
— 17.7 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Bossington beach (pebble beach): 10 minutes' drive
- Exmoor Owl & Hawk Centre (owl and hawks flying displays): 10 minutes
- Dunkery & Horner Wood National Nature Reserve (circular walk): 20 minutes
- Tropiquaria Wildlife Park: half an hour
- Lynton and Lynmouth (scenic village with a cliff railway): 35 minutes
- Watersmeet (National Trust property and former fishing lodge with a tearoom): half an hour
- Exmoor Zoo: 45 minutes
- Tarr Steps Woodland National Nature Reserve (wildlife spotting in a woodland valley): 45 minutes.
- St Fagans: National History Museum (24.0 miles)
- Millennium Stadium (26.4 miles)
- Cardiff Castle (26.5 miles)
- Holnicote Estate (2.7 miles)
- Watersmeet (7.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||11:30 a.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Porlock Weir Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
Bookings cannot be amended within 2 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Porlock Weir Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Porlock Weir Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Porlock Weir Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Porlock Weir Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Bossington beach (pebble beach): 10 minutes' drive - Exmoor Owl & Hawk Centre (owl and hawks flying displays): 10 minutes - Dunkery & Horner Wood National … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Porlock Weir Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: 11:30 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.