This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Award-winning adults-only site just outside Glastonbury
- Wells, Wookey Hole and Cheddar Gorge within a half-hour drive
- Fishing pond on site, and shop with homemade cakes in high season
The Old Oaks Touring Park is a friendly and award-winning adults-only site in a splendid Somerset spot, surrounded by views of the Mendip Hills a couple of miles from the centre of Glastonbury.
This is prime walking territory: guests can stroll to the legendary Glastonbury Tor in half an hour or so, or make their way to the town centre in around 45 minutes for all sorts of independent shops, pubs and places to eat. Walking guides and other bits of tourist info are available on site, and you can hire bikes for two-wheeled travels. Bird feeders and bat detectors can be hired too for folk who’d like to make the most of their time in this wildlife haven.
Facilities around the smartly landscaped grounds include a half-acre fishing pond (stocked with carp, roach and tench), free wifi, laundry rooms and kitchen areas with microwaves and dishwashing facilities. A well-stocked shop sells lots of local groceries and goodies (including the site’s own free-range eggs) and camping gas, with homemade cakes daily in high season. The sparkling clean bathroom blocks are kitted out with individual shower rooms (which previous guests have compared favourably with the facilities at a five-star hotel…)
This is an eco-friendly and peaceful place that likes to encourage wildlife – foxes, badgers and birds frequently appear around the place. The reed bed water system filters waste water in a chemical-free way, and guests are encouraged to recycle as much as possible using the facilities all around the park.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
I will be coming back when I have more time to enjoy the surroundings.
From the manager...
Thanks so much for your great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay :)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
- Coach stations
— 1.5 miles
1.5 miles Glastonbury Town Hall — 1.5 miles
1.5 miles The Library — 3.0 miles
- Train stations
Castle Cary Rail Station
— 7.9 miles
7.9 miles Bruton Rail Station — 10.7 miles
10.7 miles Highbridge & Burnham-on-Sea Rail Station — 13.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Bridgwater Ferry Terminal
— 13.4 miles
13.4 miles Weston-super-Mare Knightstone Harbour — 19.1 miles
19.1 miles The Cottage Ferry Landing — 20.6 miles
Bristol International Airport
— 16.3 miles
Don’t follow your satnav as it’s likely to land you in a housing estate.
From Street, take the A361 towards Shepton Mallet and Frome. Approx a mile and a half from Glastonbury you will pass under a footbridge (next to Millfield Prep School). Turn left 250m after the footbridge at the sign for Wick. The park is on the left after one mile.
From Wells/Bristol: take the A39 towards Glastonbury. Follow the signs for West Mendip Hospital. Just past the hospital turn left at the sign for Wick and Brindham. The park is on the right after 1.5 miles.
From Shepton Mallet: take A361 towards Glastonbury. Turn right at the sign for Wick, 150 yards past Tor Stone. The park is on the left after one mile.
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Glastonbury Tor: half an hour’s walk
- Glastonbury town (independent shops, brewery, abbey, rural life museum): 45 minutes’ walk
- Clarks Village shopping outlet: 10 minutes ‘drive
- Wells (cathedral city with Bishop's Palace): 15 minutes
- Royal Bath & West Showground: 15 minutes
- Wookey Hole caves: 20 minutes
- East Somerset Steam Railway: 25 minutes
- Cheddar Gorge: half an hour
- Haynes International Motor Museum: half an hour
- Longleat estate and safari park: 45 minutes
- Bath: 55 minutes.
- Glastonbury Tor (0.8 miles)
- Glastonbury Abbey (1.5 miles)
- Clarks Village (3.0 miles)
- West Pennard Court Barn (2.1 miles)
- Lytes Cary Manor (8.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Old Oaks Touring Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Old Oaks Touring Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Old Oaks Touring Park? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Glastonbury Tor: half an hour’s walk - Glastonbury town (independent shops, brewery, abbey, rural life museum): 45 minutes’ walk - Clarks Village shopping outlet: 10 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Old Oaks Touring Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.