Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Comfortable shepherd's hut in a quiet location on a small farm
- On the edge of Milton Abbas, 30 minutes' drive from Poole Harbour
- Self-contained unit with a shower room, kitchenette and gas barbecue
Park Farm in Dorset has a well-built shepherd's hut in a green agricultural landscape on the edge of the village of Milton Abbas. This well-maintained hut, which dates back to the 1920s, has been restored over the years to become the comfy unit it is today.
The self-contained accommodation here is furnished with essentials like a sleeping area, a kitchenette and a separate shower room. There's also a logburning stove to keep you toasty in the evening, plus a gas-fired barbecue where you can cook out of doors on a covered decking area.
In adjoining fields you'll see horses and sheep quietly grazing, while a short stroll away there's a woodland at the bottom of the fields for quiet tours of the grounds. All of this can be admired from the spacious outdoor decking area, a top spot for relaxing with a cup of tea and admiring far-reaching views, which on clear days extend all the way down to Poole Harbour (30 minutes' drive) and the Isle of Wight.
Park Farm is about three quarters of a mile from The Hambro Arms, the village pub. Milton Abbas also has a post office and a farm shop for supplies.
Open from 01/03/2023 to 15/01/2024
Commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work-related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers) and sign-written vehicles are not permitted on site.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro).
No cars/motorbikes by the pitch/unit. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Max. persons: 2 x
Dimensions: 1.8m width x 3.7m length (6.0ft width x 12.0ft length) Calculated area: 6.7m² (72.0ft²)
The lights are run from a battery
|Max. persons||2 x
1.8m width x 3.7m length
(6.0ft width x 12.0ft length)
Calculated area: 6.7m² (72.0ft²)
(1 x eco toilet, 1 x shower)
Open space (1 x double bed)
|Duvets and pillows|
|Beds made up|
|Car parking by pitch/unit|
|Dry toilet / eco toilet|
|Gas and electricity included|
|Kitchen corner or kitchenette|
|Shower room with WC|
|Dining table and chairs|
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Nice peaceful relaxing, loads of nice walks nearby. Nice to …
Beautiful hut near tranquil village
Excellent site friendly staff really quiet peaceful location
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 10.9 miles
10.9 miles Post Office — 11.8 miles
11.8 miles Red Lion — 11.8 miles
- Train stations
Moreton (Dorset) Rail Station
— 8.8 miles
8.8 miles Wool Rail Station — 10.1 miles
10.1 miles Dorchester South Rail Station — 10.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Poole Ferry Terminal
— 14.5 miles
14.5 miles Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 14.7 miles
14.7 miles Brownsea Island Ferry Landing — 16.6 miles
Bournemouth International Airport
— 19.4 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Wessex Fly Fishing: 15 minutes' drive
- Blandford Forum: 15 minutes
- The Tank Museum: 20 minutes
- Monkey World: 20 minutes
- Monart Spa Poundbury: 20 minutes
- Dorchester: 20 minutes
- Maiden Castle: 20 minutes
- Poole Harbour: 30 minutes
- Man O'War beach and the Jurassic Coast: 30 minutes
- Hardy's Birthplace (8.4 miles)
- The Tank Museum (9.0 miles)
- Monkey World - Ape Rescue Centre (9.1 miles)
- Clouds Hill (7.5 miles)
- Hardy's Cottage (8.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||8:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Park Farm cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 10 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Park Farm on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Park Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Park Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Park Farm? Local attractions and activities include: - Wessex Fly Fishing: 15 minutes' drive - Blandford Forum: 15 minutes - The Tank Museum: 20 minutes - Monkey World: 20 minutes - Monart Spa Poundbury: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Park Farm?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Park Farm? From £55 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability