Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Peaceful site with fishing lake a short walk from Wimborne town centre
- Kingston Lacy and Knoll Gardens within a 10-minute drive
- Day fishing tickets and rod hire on site; barbecues welcome
Wimborne Fishing Lake is a quiet Dorset site with lovely views, just outside the market town of Wimborne.
As the name suggests, pitches here are set within the grounds of a private fishing lake that’s stocked with rainbow and brown trout. Guests are welcome to spend some time fishing while on site (for an extra cost), and there are rods to hire on site if you’re not able to bring your own. Each day ticket entitles you to keep one fish; after that you can continue on a catch-and-release basis or buy a further ticket to see if you can catch a bit more for your plate.
Those fish are likely to be at their very tastiest when grilled over flames, so if you’ve had a productive day by the lake you’ll be pleased to hear you’re welcome to light barbecues and campfires at this site. If it wasn’t your day or you fancy a night out, it’s an easy few minutes’ stroll to the town centre for pubs, restaurants and takeaways.
Away from the lake, there are lots of nice walks to have around Wimborne (particularly if you wander into the water meadows), and the site is a handy base for all sorts of Dorset days out including Knoll Gardens, Kingston Lacy and the Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park.
Facilities on site are minimal – there are no showers or electric hookups but guests will have access to portaloos.
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass and gravel tent pitch
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Best 3 nights camping in a long while. Good effort to the owners😊
Lee was very friendly and accommodating, such a lovely camp …
Great location - close enough to walk to town but …
Size Friendly host
The pond, even pitch and the staff. Beautiful sunrise and …
Great site with Friendly owners and lots of potential.
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Extra spacing in seated areas
More frequent emptying of bins
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Parkstone: Ashley Road Coach Stop
— 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Poole: Dolphin Centre Bus Station — 5.5 miles
5.5 miles Bournemouth Uni.: Talbot Campus Coach Stop — 5.7 miles
- Train stations
Hamworthy Rail Station
— 5.0 miles
5.0 miles Poole Rail Station — 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Parkstone (Dorset) Rail Station — 5.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Poole Quay Ferry Landing
— 5.9 miles
5.9 miles Poole Ferry Terminal — 6.1 miles
6.1 miles Brownsea Island Ferry Landing — 7.7 miles
Bournemouth International Airport
— 7.4 miles
7.4 miles Southampton Airport — 29.9 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Wimborne Model Town: 10 minutes’ walk
- Kingston Lacy (National Trust site): five minutes’ drive
- Knoll Gardens: 10 minutes
- Stapehill Abbey: 10 minutes
- English Oak Vineyard: 10 minutes
- Farmer Palmer’s Farm Park: 15 minutes
- Splashdown waterpark: 15 minutes
- Moors Valley Country Park: 25 minutes
- Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park: 25 minutes.
- Kingston Lacy House and Gardens (1.9 miles)
- Adventure Wonderland (6.9 miles)
- The Bournemouth Balloon (7.6 miles)
- Kingston Lacy (1.7 miles)
- White Mill (2.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
Wimborne Fishing Lake cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Wimborne Fishing Lake will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Wimborne Fishing Lake have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Wimborne Fishing Lake dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Wimborne Fishing Lake? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Wimborne Model Town: 10 minutes’ walk - Kingston Lacy (National Trust site): five minutes’ drive - Knoll Gardens: 10 minutes - Stapehill Abbey: 10 minutes - … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Wimborne Fishing Lake?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime
- How much does it cost to stay at Wimborne Fishing Lake? From £27.50 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability