This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Shaftesbury on the Green Luxury Lodges is a rural and peaceful bolthole surrounded by scenic Dorset fields and offers an ideal base to explore Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset and beyond. We are just two miles from Shaftesbury and some of the closest (and most famous) attractions to us are Gold Hill, Longleat Safari Park, Stourhead, Stonehenge, King Alfred's Tower and, within an hour's reach, Glastonbury Tor, Monkey World and the Dorset coast.
We have a brand new fitness suite on site with treatments available for an additional fee, and we also have a small shop, gym and beautiful lake.
Fishing is available in the carp-stocked lake (not run by the site). You will need to check fishing costs on arrival and bring your own fishing equipment with you.
There are some lovely country pubs and restaurants nearby.
Find nearby sites with availability…
Many sites set a maximum occupancy of 6/8 people per pitch, so try breaking your booking down into smaller groups to generate more results. For example, if you’re a group of 10, enter 5 people in your initial search and then book 2 pitches.
However, where the pitch or accommodation occupancy allows it, you can make a booking for up to 30 adults and 30 children in one booking.
To book multiple pitches or accommodation, use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together. Complete the booking form for the first booking (you can add a password and save your card so that we remember your details). Then click "Make another booking like this" at the top of the confirmation page to make the next booking.
Large groups: check the listing page for any group restrictions set out in the terms and section titled ‘Please note’.
Large tents/caravans: check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit is suitable for the space you will be provided with.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Small (11-25 pitches)
- Coach stations
Shaftesbury Coach Stop
— 1.8 miles
1.8 miles Henstridge (Somerset): Virginia Ash Coach Stop — 7.3 miles
7.3 miles Wincanton: Memorial Hall Coach Stop — 8.0 miles
- Train stations
Gillingham (Dorset) Rail Station
— 2.3 miles
2.3 miles Tisbury Rail Station — 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Templecombe Rail Station — 7.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Poole Quay Ferry Landing
— 23.4 miles
23.4 miles Poole Ferry Terminal — 23.4 miles
23.4 miles Brownsea Island Ferry Landing — 25.4 miles
Bournemouth International Airport
— 23.9 miles
Two miles from Shaftesbury on the A30, Sherborne Causeway is on your right-hand side.
There are many attractions in Dorset and the surrounding countryside of both national and international acclaim, making our holiday park the perfect place to stay whilst you visit attractions in Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset and even further afield in Avon.
Some of the most popular locations for guests to visit are:
- Shaftesbury swimming pool (5 mins)
- Shaftesbury, Dorset (5 mins)
- Sherborne Castle, Dorset
- Farmer Giles (approx 15 mins)
- Cerne Abbas Giant
- Compton Abbas Airfield
- Stonehenge (approx 30 mins)
- Stourhead House and Gardens (approx 30 mins)
- Terracotta Warriors Museum (approx 30 mins)
- The Teddy Bear Museum (approx 30 mins)
- Dinosaur Museum (approx 30 mins)
- Farmer Palmers Farm Park (approx 30 mins)
- Fleet Air Arm Museum, Dorset (approx 30 mins)
- Great Dorset Steam Fair
- Haynes International Motor Museum (approx 30 mins)
- Larmer Tree Gardens (approx 30 mins)
- Longleat House and Safari Park (approx 30 mins)
- Lulworth Castle (approx 35 mins)
- Monkey World
- Moors Valley Country Park
- New Forest National Park
- Old Wardour Castle
- Paultons Park
- Salisbury cathedral (approximately 40 mins)
- Tolpuddle martyrs museum (approx 40 mins)
- Poole, Dorset
- Adventure Wonderland (approx 50 mins)
- Beaulieu Motor Museum
- Bournemouth beach, Dorset (approx 50 mins)
- Bovington Tank Museum
- Pythouse Kitchen Garden Shop and Café
- Bath city
- Tutankhamen exhibition (approx 50 mins)
- Splashdown Water Park (approx 50 mins)
- Peppa Pig World (approx 60 mins)
- Abbotsbury Swannery (approx 60 mins)
- Corfe Castle (approx 60 mins)
- Weymouth, Dorset
- Sea Life Adventure Park (approx 60 mins)
- Portland Castle (approx 60 mins)
- Swanage Steam Railway
- The Tank Museum (approx 60 mins)
- Wookey Hole Caves (approx 60 mins)
- Stourhead House and Garden (7.6 miles)
- Longleat (12.4 miles)
- Haynes International Motor Museum (14.1 miles)
- Stourhead (7.5 miles)
- Philipps House and Dinton Park (12.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.