Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Level field with large pitches on the banks of the River Avon
- Several beaches within a half-hour drive; 10 minutes to Dartmoor
- In the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Oakenhambridge Camping is a peaceful site on the banks of the river Avon, just outside the village of Diptford up at the northern end of the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
There’s plenty of space on the large pitches here – each one measures about five square metres, and they’re all on a pleasingly level field. That means lots of scope to run about and play games, or to set up a barbecue at a safe distance from all such action. It's a simple setup here so there’s no running water or other luxuries, but you’ll have access to portaloos in the field.
Supplies for your grill can be picked up at the shops in Totnes, 15 minutes’ drive away; if you’re not in the mood for cooking, there are easy eats on hand at the family-friendly local pub – it’s just over a mile away, with a large beer garden for those warm evenings.
As you’ll be staying in an officially scenic area, it’s no surprise to hear that there are lots of places to get out for walks and bike rides nearby – and the trails of Dartmoor National Park are only about 10-15 minutes away by car, too. And of course you’re never that far from the coast in Devon: here there are several lovely sandy stretches within a half-hour drive, including Blackpool Sands, Bantham beach, Torcross and Bigbury-on-Sea (where you can ride the sea tractor out to Burgh Island).
Open from 22/07/2023 to 31/08/2023
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
Commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work-related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers) and sign-written vehicles are not permitted on site.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Min 10.0m width x 10.0m depth (32.8ft width x 32.8ft depth) Calculated area: 100.0m² (1076.4ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Quiet site, beautiful views, very clean toilet.
Me and my children loved it
Fab site, clean toilet and bin area, owners friendly and very helpful
100/100 all round
From the manager...
Flat open field, lovely clear river
Really enjoyed our stay the children wanted to stay another night.
Lovely owners and the campsite was the best we have …
Perfect site with bonus flushing loo and really friendly hosts
From the manager...
Thank you for visiting - so pleased you enjoyed your stay and managed to visit the lovely beach at Mothecombe (hope you tried the Surfing Cow ice Cream made next door!) and Dartmoor.
Will happily stay again.
From the manager...
Thank you for visiting - look forward to having you back again.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Town Hall — 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Opposite Royal Seven Stars Hotel — 5.5 miles
- Train stations
Ivybridge Rail Station
— 4.8 miles
4.8 miles Totnes Rail Station — 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Paignton Rail Station — 10.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Totnes Ferry Landing
— 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Kingsbridge Ferry Landing — 8.2 miles
8.2 miles Cockleridge Ham Ferry Landing — 8.8 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 28.4 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Dartmoor National Park: 10 minutes’ drive
- Wrangaton Golf Club: 10 minutes
- Pennywell Farm: 15 minutes
- Woodlands Family Theme Park: 15 minutes
- River Dart Country Park: 20 minutes
- Plymouth Aquarium: 25 minutes
- Paignton Zoo: 25 minutes
- Blackpool Sands: 25 minutes
- Bigbury-on-Sea (for Burgh Island): half an hour.
- Buckfast Abbey (6.6 miles)
- Dartmoor Zoological Park (8.7 miles)
- Paignton Zoo Environmental Park (9.6 miles)
- Greenway (9.3 miles)
- Compton Castle (10.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||8:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Oakenhambridge Camping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Oakenhambridge Camping will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Oakenhambridge Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Oakenhambridge Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Oakenhambridge Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Dartmoor National Park: 10 minutes’ drive - Wrangaton Golf Club: 10 minutes - Pennywell Farm: 15 minutes - Woodlands Family Theme Park: 15 minutes - River … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Oakenhambridge Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Oakenhambridge Camping? From £16 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability