Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Family-friendly pop-up working farm site on a private estate in Devon
- Half an hour’s drive from Exeter and 40 minutes from Exmouth's beaches
- Simple, peaceful pitches 15 minutes' drive from the M5 and Tiverton
Grab a wheelbarrow for your belongings, pick a plot and set down base on the sloping grassy pitches at Stokehouse Farm. This peaceful family-friendly working farm site is part of the Duchy of Cornwall Estate in Devon. A 15-minute drive from the M5 and Tiverton and half an hour from Exeter, the gently sloping grassy pitches are well-based for hiking or cycling over the Devon hills.
Listen to the soundtrack… birdsong, grazing livestock and tractors (on some days) are all active around the working farm site. As it’s rather peaceful on site, so you might be lucky enough to catch a fox or deer passing through too.
The facilities on site are basic with no frills. The showers, portaloo and water point are all are based in the farmyard, a five or 10 minutes’ walk away from the pitches.
Stock up on the basic supplies at a small food shop five minutes’ drive away. In Cullompton (10 minutes’ drive), there are well-stocked supermarkets, cafés, restaurants and pubs for when you fancy a meal inside. For local produce, find a couple of farm shops within 15 minutes’ drive of the site too.
Open from 02/07/2021 to 18/07/2021
Open from 20/07/2021 to 27/08/2021
The site caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
This is a quiet site: no music is allowed.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
No cars/motorbikes by the pitch/unit. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
The washing-up area is not in operation due to restrictions imposed by the coronavirus outbreak.
The shower facilities are closed. Guests will need to use their own facilities.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Based on a 1 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Hand sanitising stations
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Tiverton Bus Station
— 4.4 miles
4.4 miles Broadclyst: Bus Shelter — 5.3 miles
5.3 miles Sampford Peverell: The Globe Bus Stop — 6.2 miles
- Train stations
Tiverton Parkway Rail Station
— 6.5 miles
6.5 miles Whimple Rail Station — 6.6 miles
6.6 miles Pinhoe Rail Station — 7.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Topsham Ferry Landing
— 11.0 miles
11.0 miles Topsham Lock Ferry Landing — 11.1 miles
11.1 miles Topsham (Turf Lock Ferry) Ferry Landing — 11.1 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 7.8 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- The Bear Trail (family-friendly assault course): 10 minutes’ drive
- Quad World (quad biking): 10 minutes
- Devon Railway Centre (Victorian railway station with playgrounds): 15 minutes
- Yarak Birds of Prey (bird of prey centre): 15 minutes
- Tiverton Castle: 20 minutes
- The Grand Western Canal (heritage attraction with boats): 25 minutes
- Crealy Theme Park & Resort: half an hour
- Underground Passages (historic medieval passages in Exeter): half an hour
- Exmoor National Park (walking and cycling trails): 40 minutes
- Exmouth (beach town with sandy beaches, rockpools and promenade): 40 minutes
- Dartmoor National Park (walking and cycling trails): 50 minutes.
- The National Trust Killerton House & Gardens (3.5 miles)
- Exeter Cathedral - Church of Saint Peter (8.9 miles)
- Crealy Great Adventure Park (9.4 miles)
- Killerton (3.5 miles)
- Killerton: Budlake Old Post Office (3.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||7:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Arrival and departure times are important to abide by as this helps prevent congestion in car park and fields.
Stokehouse Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Modifications are subject to a £15.00 fee.
Bookings cannot be amended within 3 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Stokehouse Farm will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Stokehouse Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Stokehouse Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Stokehouse Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - The Bear Trail (family-friendly assault course): 10 minutes’ drive - Quad World (quad biking): 10 minutes - Devon Railway Centre (Victorian railway station with playgrounds): 15 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Stokehouse Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
Arrival and departure times are important to abide by as this helps prevent congestion in car park and fields.Read more
- How much does it cost to stay at Stokehouse Farm? From £18 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability