Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Dog-friendly pop-up site surrounded by the Cornwall countryside
- Walking distance from the beach; a 15-minute drive to the Eden Project
- Links to trails and footpaths; pub nearby; natural spring water on tap
Pop up and pitch up… that's the method at Menagwins Farm, a family-run pop-up campsite in the Pentewan Valley. Surrounded by the Cornwall countryside and woodlands, this family-friendly and dog-friendly site is just outside an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with views of the local tin mines. So, gather a group, round up the family or whisk off your partner for a break in the outdoors, as you’ll be well-based for cycling, walking or just kicking back for a bit.
To the sea you go… it’s a 45-minute walk (or a 20-minute bicycle ride) down to Porthpean, where you may potter around the cafés, shops or touch down on the beach. Take your pick from several more coastal spots nearby - Pentewan beach, Charlestown harbour (topsail schooners and tall ships are the speciality here) and Mevagissey harbour – some of which have places to hire out a paddleboard, kayak or boat.
A farm for agriculture and nature, the land is well-maintained and structures kept to a minimum on site, so facilities are simple and include composting toilets, a cold shower (for anyone who is brave or dirty enough) and natural spring water on tap. The spacious pitches have a small parking space too.
Handily, you may take your pick from restaurants, takeaways and pubs nearby, including a traditional 16th-century pub five minutes’ drive away and dining down at the harbour. The farm entrance also links up with the Pentewan Trail and there’s a public footpath through the farm towards 330 miles of coastal paths.
Open from 30/07/2022 to 26/08/2022
Minimum spacing of 5 metres between pitches.
Single-sex bookings of 4 or more people (couples and immediate family members excepted) are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 10.0m width x 10.0m depth (32.8ft width x 32.8ft depth) Calculated area: 100.0m² (1076.4ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Really nice place if you can handle cold shower this is the place for
Quiet, friendly, convenient, peaceful.
I was backpacking around Cornwall and the camp was at …
Compost facilities, friendly staff and level pitches
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 1.2 miles
1.2 miles Holmbush Inn — 1.9 miles
1.9 miles Holmbush Inn — 2.0 miles
- Train stations
St Austell Rail Station
— 1.2 miles
1.2 miles Par Rail Station — 4.5 miles
4.5 miles Luxulyan Rail Station — 5.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Mevagissey Ferry Landing
— 3.6 miles
3.6 miles Fowey Ferry Landing — 6.9 miles
6.9 miles Polruan Ferry Landing — 7.0 miles
Newquay St Mawgan Airport
— 12.8 miles
Drive over the cattle grid and follow the lane to the left. The entrance to the site is through a double metal gate on the right.
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Gym, swimming pool and spa: under five minutes’ drive
- St Austell (China clay industry history, train and bus station and clay trails for walking, cycling or horse riding): five minutes
- Pentewan beach (watersports including kayaking, boating, paddleboarding and windsurfing): 10 minutes
- Charlestown Harbour (for topsail schooner hire): 10 minutes
- Golf course: 10 minutes
- Wheal Martyn Clay Works (china clay museum): 10 minutes
- Shipwreck Treasure Museum: 10 minutes
- Pentewan Valley cycle hire: 10 minutes
- Eden Project (tropical gardens): 15 minutes
- Mevagissey (fishing harbour): 15 minutes
- The Lost Gardens Heligan (200-acre gardens): 15 minutes
- Gribbin Head (National Trust walk): 25 minutes
- Luxulyan Valley Woods (circular walk: 25 minutes
- Vault Beach: 25 minutes
- Polkerris beach and harbour - 25 minutes
- The Dodman (National Trust viewpoint with a circular walk): half an hour.
- Lost Gardens of Heligan (2.6 miles)
- Eden Project (3.6 miles)
- Lappa Valley Steam Railway (11.7 miles)
- Trerice (11.8 miles)
- Trelissick Garden (13.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||12 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Menagwins Farm cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 10 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Menagwins Farm will debit the balance from your card 10 days before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 10 days then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Menagwins Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Menagwins Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Menagwins Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Gym, swimming pool and spa: under five minutes’ drive - St Austell (China clay industry history, train and bus station and clay trails for walking, cycling … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Menagwins Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Menagwins Farm? From £14.50 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability