This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spectacular views across the bay and inland towards Bodmin Moor
- Vibrant fishing villages and harbour towns within easy reach
- Café on site and Polzeath beach, pubs and shops nearby
South Winds is a quiet and spacious family site overlooking the Camel estuary, part of the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. A 20-minute meadow walk will take you from the site to Polzeath village where you'll find plenty of pubs, shops, cafés and restaurants, as well as a sandy beach for surf lessons, body boarding, fishing and clifftop walks.
There's a café on site, and buses run on a regular basis from outside the site's main entrance through to nearby Polzeath and the wider area's main attractions such as Wadebridge and its top-notch seafood restaurants, gift shops, galleries and boutiques, Padsow's seven sandy beaches, the 18th century fisherman cottages and spectacular coastal walks at Port Isaac, Tintagel's famed castle and more.
Amenities include a large modern washroom block with toilets, shower cubicles, hairdryers and shaving points, and an accessible toilet and wet room. The laundry room has four large washing machines and tumble dryers and a large washing-up area.
Dogs are allowed all year round.
Find nearby sites with availability…
Many sites set a maximum occupancy of 6/8 people per pitch, so try breaking your booking down into smaller groups to generate more results. For example, if you’re a group of 10, enter 5 people in your initial search and then book 2 pitches.
However, where the pitch or accommodation occupancy allows it, you can make a booking for up to 30 adults and 30 children in one booking.
To book multiple pitches or accommodation, use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together. Complete the booking form for the first booking (you can add a password and save your card so that we remember your details). Then click "Make another booking like this" at the top of the confirmation page to make the next booking.
Large groups: check the listing page for any group restrictions set out in the terms and section titled ‘Please note’.
Large tents/caravans: check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit is suitable for the space you will be provided with.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
- Coach stations
Padstow Bus Terminus
— 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Wadebridge: The Link Rd Coach Stop — 4.8 miles
4.8 miles St Columb Major: Cattle Market Coach Stop — 10.0 miles
- Train stations
Roche Rail Station
— 11.2 miles
11.2 miles St Columb Road Rail Station — 12.3 miles
12.3 miles Bugle Rail Station — 13.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Rock Padstow Ferry Landing
— 2.3 miles
2.3 miles Padstow Ferry Landing — 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Fowey Custom House Quay Ferry Landing — 20.0 miles
Newquay St Mawgan Airport
— 9.9 miles
Nearby attractions and activities include:
- Polzeath village and beach: 0.5m
- Coronation Gardens (crazy golf, a putting green, tennis courts and a bouncy castle): 1m
- The bays of Daymer, 2m, and Rock, 3m (both popular for watersports and sailing)
- Port Isaac (small fishing village with spectacular coastal walks): 6m
- The Camel Trail (bike and walking trail that leads from Padstow to Wenford Bridge via Wadebridge and Bodmin): 7m
- Tintagel (with the famed Tintagel Castle as well as gardens, a chapel, a tunnel and a well): 12m
- Padstow (harbour town on the mouth of the River Camel with plenty of bistros and a famed seafood restaurant): 15m
- Eden Project (Botanical gardens with the world's largest indoor rainforest): 21m
- Newquay (laidback coastal town bordered by 7m of sandy beaches): 23m
- Bodmin Moor (remote bleak-heather moorland – one of Cornwall's Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty): 24m
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan (19th-century botanical gardens): 29m
- Truro (Cornwall's only city): 32m.
- Rock Beach (2.1 miles)
- Cornwall's Crealy Great Adventure Park (6.0 miles)
- Tintagel Castle (8.9 miles)
- Carnewas and Bedruthan Steps (8.6 miles)
- Tintagel Old Post Office (8.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.