This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Back-to-basics site on a Hampshire farm on the edge of the New Forest
- New Forest Lavender Gardens five minutes’ drive; Lepe Beach 35 minutes
- Dog-friendly site; woodland walks and off-road cycle paths nearby
Time to get back to basics with a break at Wellowwood Camping, a dog-friendly site on a family-run farm a five-minute drive from the Hampshire village of West Wellow. At the site, which is easily accessed from the A36, you can drive right up to your grassy pitch, so there’ll be no lugging of heavy gear before getting settled.
There are a couple of portable toilets in the field, but not much else – at least in the way of amenities. What the site does have, though, is a pretty enviable location: you are within a 10-minute drive of New Forest National Park, where there’s no shortage of family-friendly activities and attractions to keep you busy during your stay.
Start the day with an exploration of the local surroundings, whether on foot or by bike (there are several off-road cycle paths in the vicinity). Bordered by centuries-old oak trees, Sherfield English (15 minutes’ walk) is a fenced-off area of wood- and wetlands popular with dog walkers, who can let their pooches off the leash. There are several equestrian centres within a 10-minute drive, or you can head to Dandy’s Ford (five minutes’ drive) for a spot of angling on three lakes stocked with carp and bream.
All the while, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the local wildlife, from bats and harvest mice to ponies roaming freely within the New Forest.
Open from 18/03/2023 to 31/12/2023
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Wildly overpriced and falsely advertised
From the manager...
I am sorry that you have felt mislaid about the campsite but the pictures of the lake and animals are in reference to the new forest being in close proximity to our site
I can only apologize that you felt mislaid as you had stayed for one night I had presumed you were happy
Excellent clean, good facilities, close to local pubs and attractions
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 1.7 miles
1.7 miles Canada Corner — 1.8 miles
1.8 miles Lyndhurst Park Hotel — 8.5 miles
- Train stations
Mottisfont & Dunbridge Rail Station
— 3.5 miles
3.5 miles Dean Rail Station — 3.8 miles
3.8 miles Romsey Rail Station — 4.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Southampton Vehicle Ferry Terminal
— 10.7 miles
10.7 miles Southampton Passenger Ferry Terminal — 10.8 miles
10.8 miles Hythe (Hants) Ferry Terminal — 12.1 miles
— 10.7 miles
10.7 miles Bournemouth International Airport — 18.2 miles
Surround yourself in colour and heady fragrance at the New Forest Lavender Gardens (five minutes’ drive), where there’s more than just purple shrubs, with vibrant sunflowers and multicoloured dahlias. You can also stock up on plants for your own garden here, and sample delicious home-baked cakes in the pretty tea room.
There are rides and attractions for all ages at Paultons Park (15 minutes), from vertiginous drop towers to gentle boat rides for toddlers. One of the popular highlights of the park is Peppa Pig World, where kids can meet some of the characters from the beloved cartoon show.
With views of the Isle of Wight, just across the Solent, Lepe Beach (35 minutes) is a good spot for swimming and watersports. Pine trees shade the hiking trails in Lepe Country Park, and the surrounding coastline is dotted with remains of D-Day training exercises and World War II memorials.
- Paultons Family Theme Park (3.8 miles)
- Mottisfont Abbey Garden, House and Estate (4.0 miles)
- Breamore House (8.4 miles)
- Mottisfont (4.0 miles)
- Mompesson House (10.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Wellowwood Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Wellowwood Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Wellowwood Camping? Surround yourself in colour and heady fragrance at the New Forest Lavender Gardens (five minutes’ drive), where there’s more than just purple shrubs, with vibrant sunflowers and multicoloured dahlias. You can also … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Wellowwood Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.