This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Luxury heated pods in the grounds of a South Downs manor hotel
- Fitness centre on site with gym, sauna, hot tub, pool and steam room
- Champagne and cocktail bar, sports bar and a Starbucks
Posh pods await. You'll have a lushly luxurious time in the pods at the Old Thorns Manor Hotel in the South Downs in Hampshire: all sorts including champagne are on tap in the hotel, and the pods are pretty pampering too…
Stash your stuff and make your way over to the manor when you arrive for a pick of pampering options: all guests have access to the hotel facilities including the Elevation Sports and Fitness with 20-metre pool, gym, hot tub, sauna and steam room.
The Atrium champagne (and cocktail) bar has cosy leather chairs to sit back in and watch an old film while being served drinks by the experts: once you're properly relaxed, go for a session in the spa which has Decléor treatments such as manicures, pedicures and facials. There's also a sports bar on site showing the latest from Sky Sports and serving food like burgers, ribs and pizzas.
And if you fancy some golf? A championship golf course set on over 400 acres is at the Old Thorns Manor Hotel too, officially opened by Jack Nicklaus, Seve Ballesteros, Isao Aoki and Bill Rogers.
All pods in the well-maintained grounds sleep two adults in a double bed or twins, and have heating, a flatscreen TV and the means to make tea and coffee for when you're not downing champers in the bar. A dedicated shower and toilet facility is nearby.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.0 miles
5.0 miles Crossroads — 5.0 miles
5.0 miles Dragon Street — 6.7 miles
- Train stations
Liphook Rail Station
— 1.4 miles
1.4 miles Liss Rail Station — 3.4 miles
3.4 miles Haslemere Rail Station — 5.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Bosham Hoe Ferry Landing
— 18.2 miles
18.2 miles West Itchenor Ferry Landing — 18.6 miles
18.6 miles Hayling Island Ferry Landing — 21.0 miles
— 24.6 miles
24.6 miles Shoreham Brighton City Airport — 29.0 miles
29.0 miles London Gatwick Airport North Terminal — 29.0 miles
Old Thorns Manor Hotel is in the South Downs National Park, so take a trail map and stride off into the scenery.
The National Trust-managed Hindhead Commons and the Devil's Punch Bowl are about five miles away from your posh pod, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Site of Special Scientific Interest blazing with floral colour in spring and summer. There are plenty of paths of woodland and heathland to potter around, too wild ponies to see and – importantly – plenty of places for picnics: climb Gibbet Hill, Surrey's second highest hill, for smashing views across the Weald.
Within 12 or so miles of base, twitchers can visit Bird World, Britain's biggest bird park with 26 acres of aviaries; the art collection and country house at Petworth Park; Chichester Cathedral, and Jane Austen’s House Museum. Chessington World of Adventures and Thorpe Park are about an hour's drive away for thrillseekers and animal aficionados.
- Birdworld (7.4 miles)
- Jane Austen's House (7.9 miles)
- Uppark House and Garden (8.8 miles)
- Hindhead Commons and The Devil's Punch Bowl Cafï¿½ (5.1 miles)
- Uppark House and Garden (8.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The Old Thorns Manor Hotel have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is The Old Thorns Manor Hotel dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near The Old Thorns Manor Hotel? Old Thorns Manor Hotel is in the South Downs National Park, so take a trail map and stride off into the scenery. The National Trust-managed Hindhead Commons and the Devil's Punch Bowl … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Old Thorns Manor Hotel?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 12 a.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.