This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Dog-friendly luxury yurt site in a private marina in Emsworth harbour
- A 20-minute drive from Portsmouth and half an hour from the beach
- Cooking equipment provided; walk to cafés, restaurants and pubs
Who could refuse yurts with harbour views and a quality marina setting? Marina Yurts is a luxury, self-catering yurt site on a private peninsula with quite the coastal location in the centre of Emsworth’s yacht harbour. This area is in the foothills of the South Downs and part of the Chichester Harbour Area of Outstanding Beauty.
What should you expect? For starters, waking up to views of the harbour, Hayling Island and Thorney Island. There are a number of coastal walking and cycling paths in the surrounding area for peaceful days out by the water too.
The yurts each sleep a max of two adults and three children. All bedding is provided, so all that’s left for you to sling over your shoulder are towels for the modern toilets and shower rooms a minutes’ walk away. Remember your swimming gear too, as the sea is nicely close by, with beaches at West Wittering and East Wittering half an hour’s drive away.
The owners live in the marina, so after meeting and greeting you, they’ll be close by if you need a hand with anything or extra info about this gorgeous area (the top sailing spots perhaps?)
The site has all the comforts you’d expect from a luxury glamping experience. That includes a kingsize dual-heated waterbed and a splendid set of cooking equipment including a small oven with two hobs, a fridge with a small freezer compartment, a kettle, a French press, cooking utensils, pans, cutlery and glasses and mugs.
Breakfast is not included in your stay here, but with a restaurant just a few minutes’ walk away and several independent cafés within 15 to 20 minutes’ walk of the site, you should be quite content with the coffees, teas and meals on offer. The cafés are on the outskirts of Emsworth, which has a train station and a host of pubs, restaurants and takeaways all within walking distance of Marina Yurts.
There are great local bus, ferry and train connections, as well as the A3 and M27 a short drive away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Interesting site and area with lots to do.
We had a awesome time. The water bed is super comfortable.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.1 miles
5.1 miles Precinct — 5.2 miles
5.2 miles Cowplain Shops — 5.2 miles
- Train stations
Emsworth Rail Station
— 0.7 miles
0.7 miles Southbourne Rail Station — 1.0 miles
1.0 miles Warblington Rail Station — 1.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Bosham Hoe Ferry Landing
— 3.5 miles
3.5 miles West Itchenor Ferry Landing — 3.7 miles
3.7 miles Hayling Island Ferry Landing — 5.3 miles
— 20.2 miles
20.2 miles Shoreham Brighton City Airport — 28.0 miles
Your first port of call might be Portsmouth (20 minutes’ drive). That would be fitting, since the port city has a big maritime past and a historic dockyard with a warship and Tudor ship.
Second on your course? Perhaps Chichester (20 minutes), where there are Roman remains like a city wall, baths and an amphitheatre? The village of Bosham (10 minutes), which is a hot sailing destination? (Another claim to fame is that it stars in the Bayeux Tapestry…)
At Goodwood House (25 minutes), there are a lot of different ways your day could play out, from golfing and cycling to afternoon tea.
- Fishbourne Roman Palace (5.3 miles)
- Chichester Cathedral (6.5 miles)
- Royal Marines Museum (6.6 miles)
- Uppark House and Garden (7.7 miles)
- Bembridge Windmill (13.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Marina Yurts have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Marina Yurts dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Marina Yurts? Your first port of call might be Portsmouth (20 minutes’ drive). That would be fitting, since the port city has a big maritime past and a historic dockyard with a warship and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Marina Yurts?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.