This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Adults-only waterside site on the edge of a peaceful Essex village
- A mile and a half from the coast; 25 minutes' drive from Colchester
- Direct access to a lake; 10 minutes' walk from pubs and takeaways
Harbour Lodge is a quiet adults-only site located close to the gorgeous Essex coast. The pitches here are flat and grassy and look out onto a lake where you'll see various craft gently drifting by – a watersports centre is less than five minutes' stroll away if you fancy getting out for some paddling of your own.
St Osyth village centre is a 10-minute walk away: here there's a historic Grade I-listed priory, a bus stop, pub and a couple of takeaways. Other popular Essex spots like Clacton-on-Sea (10 minutes' drive) and Colchester (25 minutes) are within easy reach.
This site has no on-site toilet or shower facilities, so you'll need to bring your own but there's a handy wifi connection to make it easy to plan all your outings. Barbecues are allowed at Harbour Lodge, so head down to the water's edge and get grilling. Need to stock up beforehand? Head into St Osyth to make use of the nifty village store and local butcher's.
The nearest beach is pebbly but still a mighty fine spot to take in those Essex sea views. Nearby Jaywick beach (10 minutes' drive) is sandier; there's also an arcade.
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Lovely short weekend break by the lake
Great site will return Really helpful guy on arrival Thank …
Lovely place and very clean
Loved the location on the water and the spacious pitch. …
Good couple of days
From the manager...
fantastic location will book again
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 0.6 miles
0.6 miles Colchester Road — 0.6 miles
0.6 miles Oaklands — 1.3 miles
- Train stations
Clacton-on-Sea Rail Station
— 3.8 miles
3.8 miles Great Bentley Rail Station — 3.9 miles
3.9 miles Weeley Rail Station — 4.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Brightlingsea Ferry Landing
— 1.9 miles
1.9 miles Point Clear Ferry Landing — 1.9 miles
1.9 miles Harwich International Ferry Terminal — 13.2 miles
London Southend Airport
— 22.1 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Clacton seafront: 10 minutes' drive
- Brightlingsea Lido: 15 minutes
- Colchester Castle: 25 minutes
- Hamford Water National Nature Reserve: 30 minutes
- Harwich Redoubt Fort: 30 minutes
- Flatford Mill (National Trust property): 30 minutes
- Hylands House: 50 minutes
- Osea Island: an hour.
- firstsite (9.5 miles)
- Colchester Castle Museum (9.6 miles)
- Colchester Zoo (10.9 miles)
- Bourne Mill (8.6 miles)
- Flatford: Bridge Cottage (11.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||10 a.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Harbour Lodge cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Harbour Lodge on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Harbour Lodge have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Harbour Lodge dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Harbour Lodge? Local attractions and activities include: - Clacton seafront: 10 minutes' drive - Brightlingsea Lido: 15 minutes - Colchester Castle: 25 minutes - Hamford Water National Nature Reserve: 30 minutes - Harwich Redoubt … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Harbour Lodge?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.