This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Pop-up site on a livestock farm near Elsenham in Essex
- Five minutes’ drive to Stansted Airport’ Daisy May’s Farm and golf
- Dog-friendly and off-grid grass pitches with showers available
Generous camping facilities include large woodland pitches overlooking the sheep paddocks, private parking close to the tents, drinking water, a chemical toilet and ice-pack freezing – but please note there’s no electric hook-up.
It’s a breeze to get here from London or Cambridge, what with the direct train services to the stations at Stansted. Once here, if you can prise the kids away from the animals, there’s crazy golf (five minutes’ drive) and a leisure centre with a pool (15 minutes) as well as museums, gardens and zoos in less than an hour for family day trips.
Dogs are allowed on leads at the campsite and in the paddocks only, not the play areas or animal fields.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Was looking for somewhere to do wild camping and this was perfect
My only recommendation would be to describe the entry on the web site.
Extra toilet/shower facilities available
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Coach Station — 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Coach Station — 1.3 miles
- Train stations
Stansted Airport Rail Station
— 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Elsenham Rail Station — 1.4 miles
1.4 miles Stansted Mountfitchet Rail Station — 2.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Woolwich Ferry North Pier
— 29.4 miles
29.4 miles Woolwich Arsenal Pier — 29.5 miles
29.5 miles Woolwich Ferry South Pier — 29.6 miles
London Stansted Airport
— 1.2 miles
1.2 miles Cambridge Airport — 21.2 miles
21.2 miles London Luton Airport — 27.0 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Golf course: five minutes’ drive
- Daisy May’s Farm (petting zoo): five minutes
- Mountfitchet Castle and Norman Village: five minutes
- The House on the Hill Museum (toy museum): five minutes
- Fishing: five minutes
- National Trust - Hatfield Forest (woodland walks): 15 minutes
- Camas Hall Fruit Farm: 15 minutes
- IWM Duxford (aircraft museum): half an hour
- Cambridge: 40 minutes
- Paradise Wildlife Park: 45 minutes.
- Audley End House and Gardens (8.0 miles)
- Imperial War Museum Duxford (14.0 miles)
- Lee Valley Regional Park (18.5 miles)
- Paycocke's (18.4 miles)
- Coggeshall Grange Barn (18.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
Conical Hill Campground cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Conical Hill Campground will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Conical Hill Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Conical Hill Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Conical Hill Campground? Local attractions and activities include: - Golf course: five minutes’ drive - Daisy May’s Farm (petting zoo): five minutes - Mountfitchet Castle and Norman Village: five minutes - The House on the … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Conical Hill Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime