This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Bunkhouse half a mile from Chipping, in the Forest of Bowland
- Within easy walking distance of pubs, cafés and buses to Preston
- Guest kitchen and dining area, play area and space for barbecues
The Forest of Bowland is jam-packed with fell and valley views, with Chipping Camping Barn set right in the thick of it. This blooming lovely bunkhouse, just outside the village of Chipping, is just the spot for a family hol for all ages.
The surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty will keep hikers and bikers smiling for the duration of their stay. ou can feed meerkats and skunks too in the wild boar and animal park, three miles from the barn, or fish in the River Hodder at Whitewell four miles away. Horse and pony riding trips are also available nearby.
It’s easy to feel at home straight away in the barn, which has a dining area with a woodburner, as well as a fully functioning kitchen. Kids can be let loose on the outdoors play area and join in with the grownups later in cooking up dinner on the grass area handy for barbecues. Guests can also use the barn's wifi service for no extra charge.
Cafés and pubs are within walking distance of the barn. A bus stop also means that Preston, Blackburn and Clitheroe are close to hand, all of which have shops and restaurants aplenty, as well as that famed northern spirit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 7.9 miles
7.9 miles Garstang (Lancs): Crofters Hotel Coach Stop — 8.1 miles
8.1 miles Whalley: Bus Station — 8.6 miles
- Train stations
Clitheroe Rail Station
— 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Langho Rail Station — 7.9 miles
7.9 miles Whalley Rail Station — 8.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Heysham Ferry Terminal
— 16.8 miles
16.8 miles Knott End-On-Sea Ferry Landing — 17.1 miles
17.1 miles Fleetwood for Knott End Ferry Landing — 17.4 miles
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 37.8 miles
A 20-minute drive takes you to Ribchester Roman Bath House, where you can feast your eyes on the ancient remains of a facility originally built around AD100. The village’s Roman Museum also runs events, such as historical re-enactments and kids' activity days.
Even if the weather's less than kind, Cobble Hey Farm & Gardens is a pretty place to visit, set at a high-altitude and with rare cattle breeds dotted around the place. For rainy days, Barton Grange Garden Centre has a packed calendar of workshops and events.
Lancaster and Blackpool are a 45-minute drive way. Lancaster has an impressive butterfly house, as well as fine riverside pubs and a high street for shopping. While more rough around the edges, Blackpool is a must-visit seaside town with bags of character. It has one of the best theme parks in England, as well as three piers and a famous tower.
The Lake District is only an hour away. The National Park has been recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Along with the nearby Yorkshire Dales, you won’t need to search far for a good hiking spot on your stay.
- Beacon Fell Country Park (3.0 miles)
- Forest of Bowland (10.6 miles)
- Oswaldtwistle Mills (12.4 miles)
- Gawthorpe Hall (13.1 miles)
- Rufford Old Hall (19.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Chipping Camping Barn have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Chipping Camping Barn dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Chipping Camping Barn? A 20-minute drive takes you to Ribchester Roman Bath House, where you can feast your eyes on the ancient remains of a facility originally built around AD100. The village’s Roman Museum also … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Chipping Camping Barn?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10:30 a.m.