This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Touring pitches on a peaceful family-run smallholding
- Easy access from the M6, 15 minutes' drive from Lancaster
- Coast and brewery within walking distance; alpacas to feed on site
Sandvilla Stays has gravel touring pitches on a family-run smallholding in Lancashire, five minutes’ drive from the village of Cockerham – a place on the coastal plains where the river Lune meets the Irish Sea.
From here it’s easy to get out for coastal walks or bike ride, perhaps on the Lancashire Coastal Way that passes through Cockerham. A short bike ride or drive can also get you to a beach with a gentle slope for easy paddling and splashing. If all that’s missing from this picture is a beer and an ice cream, both can be easily sorted: there’s a brewery and tap room within half an hour’s walk, and a fab ice cream parlour a few minutes’ drive away.
Speaking of driving, it’s also worth noting that this is a handy stopover point for journeys north or south: it’s about 10 minutes from the M6 and 15 minutes from Lancaster. You may well want to stick about for a couple of days though – guests at Sand Villa can get to the bright lights of Blackpool with a drive of half an hour, or head north for a similar drive to explore the rather more peaceful byways of the Lake District National Park.
However long you stay for, make sure to leave time to feed the friendly alpacas back at base. You’ll need to be mindful of the farm animals if you’re bringing a dog along: they’re welcome on site, but will have to be kept on a lead to avoid upsetting their woolly pals.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Fabulous place and owned by a lovely family. family
So peaceful. The owner came out to welcome us and …
Exactly as described, with friendly hosts and near Farm Yard Ales
Excellent site for families, staff very friendly, pitches are spot on
I recommend to visit this place!!!
Perfect site, with good hosts, good pitches and amazing views
Pitch size and facilities excellent. Children enjoyed meeting and feeding …
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Extra spacing in seated areas
More frequent emptying of bins
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 4.1 miles
4.1 miles University Underpass — 5.2 miles
5.2 miles Bus Station — 7.4 miles
- Train stations
Heysham Port Rail Station
— 6.2 miles
6.2 miles Lancaster Rail Station — 7.2 miles
7.2 miles Morecambe Rail Station — 8.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Knott End-On-Sea Ferry Landing
— 5.8 miles
5.8 miles Fleetwood for Knott End Ferry Landing — 6.2 miles
6.2 miles Heysham Ferry Terminal — 6.2 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 42.3 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Farm Yard Ales (brewery and tap room): 25 minutes' walk
- Wallings Ice Cream: five minutes’ drive
- Pilling Sands (for the walk to Knott End-on-Sea): five minutes
- Cockerham (flying club and parachute centre): five minutes
- Lancaster: 15 minutes
- Flower Bowl Entertainment Centre: 20 minutes
- Morecambe: 25 minutes
- Blackpool: half an hour
- Beacon Fell Country Park: half an hour
- Kendal (for the Lake District): 35 minutes.
- Lancaster Castle (7.3 miles)
- Beacon Fell Country Park (9.5 miles)
- The Blackpool Tower (12.2 miles)
- Cartmel Priory Gatehouse (17.8 miles)
- Dalton Castle (19.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||8:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||10:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10:30 a.m.|
Sandvilla Stays cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Sandvilla Stays will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Sandvilla Stays have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Sandvilla Stays dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Sandvilla Stays? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Farm Yard Ales (brewery and tap room): 25 minutes' walk - Wallings Ice Cream: five minutes’ drive - Pilling Sands (for the walk to Knott End-on-Sea): … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Sandvilla Stays?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.