Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Cliffside site on a family-run smallholding on the Cumbria coast
- A 25-minute drive to Port Haverigg; direct access to the coastal path
- Firepits and wood available; barbecues permitted; fresh eggs available
Live the coastal way for a while on the Cumbria coast… a cliffside side on a family-owned smallholding, Selker is the right place to go if coastal walks, watersports and steam train trips are up your alley. From this site, you’ll be on the edge of the Lake District National Park with direct access to The Cumbria Coastal Way and watersports in Port Haverigg 25 minutes’ drive away.
Here, you’ll be signing up for a platter of sublime views too, as the site is at the mouth of the river Annas with views of the Lake District and the Isle of Man if it’s a clear enough day. As it’s a cliffside site with agricultural machinery, younger children must be closely supervised, and dogs are not permitted due to the rescue cats homed by the site.
While you may want to start off the day with your own barbecue breakfast and fresh free-range eggs laid out by the site’s little ladies, the evening may be just as laidback as the site provides firepits and wood.
As this is a small site, there are simple facilities including toilets and a water supply; there is also a cold-water washing-up area However, you’ll be within reach of more than just castles, steam trains and fells, as this site is one mile from a train station and 10 minutes’ drive away from Bootle’s village shop, café and 15 minutes from a pub serving bar meals.
Millom, another local town, has many more venues for dinner or takeaway and places for a good old shopping spree.
Open from 02/06/2022 to 05/06/2022
Open from 22/07/2022 to 25/07/2022
Open from 29/07/2022 to 01/08/2022
Open from 05/08/2022 to 08/08/2022
Open from 19/08/2022 to 22/08/2022
Open from 26/08/2022 to 30/08/2022
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 21 or over.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Please note that the toilet facilities are unisex.
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent or Trailer tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Min 10.0m width x 10.0m depth (32.8ft width x 32.8ft depth) Calculated area: 100.0m² (1076.4ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Fab stay will be returning
Everything! Quiet, secluded, right on the coast with amazing views. …
Views, Long costal walks, Friendly service
Lovely rural, wild and basic but so solid!,
Really friendly Great view Family run.
Great site for families to leave the car on site and just explore.
Kids say best site they've been to. Remote, quiet, peaceful, …
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 19.7 miles
19.7 miles Daffodil Hotel for Dove Cottage — 20.0 miles
20.0 miles Lakeside House for Dove Cottage — 20.0 miles
- Train stations
Bootle (Cumbria) Rail Station
— 1.1 miles
1.1 miles Ravenglass Rail Station — 5.0 miles
5.0 miles Silecroft Rail Station — 5.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Lake Bank (Coniston) Ferry Landing
— 13.3 miles
13.3 miles Water Park (Coniston) Ferry Landing — 13.5 miles
13.5 miles Sunny Bank (Coniston) Ferry Landing — 13.6 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 69.4 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Muncaster Castle (castle, gardens and hawk and owl centre): 20 minutes’ drive
- Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway (heritage railway): 20 minutes
- Port Haverigg (beach, aqua park and watersports): 25 minutes
- Ravenglass Roman Bath House (remains of a bath house): 25 minutes
- Swinside Stone Circle (Neolithic stone circle): half an hour
- Drigg Sand Dunes and Beach: half an hour
- Wast Water (glacial lake with walking and watersports): 45 minutes.
- Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway (5.0 miles)
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park (12.8 miles)
- Lakeland Motor Museum (17.4 miles)
- Wasdale, Eskdale and Duddon (10.0 miles)
- Dalton Castle (13.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||9 a.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||4 p.m.|
Selker cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 2 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Selker will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Selker have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Selker dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Selker? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Muncaster Castle (castle, gardens and hawk and owl centre): 20 minutes’ drive - Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway (heritage railway): 20 minutes - Port Haverigg (beach, aqua … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Selker?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 4 p.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Selker? From £25 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability