This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Located in a quiet corner of the Lake District National Park, Pound Farm is a carefully designed and beautifully situated holiday hamlet.
The rural setting makes the most of the stunning views the area has to offer. It is understandable why Alfred Wainwright was so inspired by Bowness on Windermere. You will find Pound Farm Park nestling quietly in the Lake District National Park just outside Windermere and Kendal. This is a perfect location to access the lakes but also offers a rural setting just outside the bustling towns.
The park is superbly designed with local slate walls on either side of our main access road, bordering our elegant lodges as you look down the park.
It is ideally situated for you to enjoy all the Lake District has to offer whether it is sightseeing, walking cycling, climbing, sailing or just relaxing away from it all.
The park is peaceful with abundant local wildlife and if you are lucky you may meet our near-tame robins and pheasants.
We are easy to access, just 15 minutes from the J36 off the M6.
Although a rural setting, we are just 400m from the Sun Inn at Crook which offers excellent meals and ales.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.1 miles
Bus Station — 3.1 miles
Bus Station — 3.1 miles
- Train stations
Staveley Rail Station
— 1.8 miles
Burneside (Cumbria) Rail Station — 2.0 miles
Kendal Rail Station — 3.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Bowness on Windermere Ferry Terminal
— 4.5 miles
Bowness Ferry Nab Ferry Landing — 4.7 miles
Far Sawrey Windermere Ferry Terminal — 5.0 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 56.8 miles
Leave the M6 at Junction 36 and take the A591 until you reach a roundabout. Head towards Crook on the B5284. Pound Farm is on the left after approximately two miles.
The Lake District provides an area of abundant natural beauty with pikes, fells and lakes and limitless outdoor activities combined with the peace and quiet required for your family to enjoy stress-free, quality time together.
Pound Farm has easy access to all the outdoor attractions this famous region is renowned for: scenic fells and lakes, historic and ancient sites, golf, watersports and fishing. Windermere is situated a short drive away, with the largest natural lake in England providing an ideal spot for enjoying a cruise on one of Windermere’s vintage steamers.
Kendal can be reached by car in 10 minutes and the park has easy access from Junction 36 of the M6.
- Blackwell, The Arts & Craft House (4.3 miles)
- The World of Beatrix Potter (4.3 miles)
- Windermere Lake Cruises, Bowness (4.4 miles)
- Windermere and Troutbeck (4.8 miles)
- Sizergh Castle and Garden (4.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Pound Farm Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Pound Farm Park dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Pound Farm Park? The Lake District provides an area of abundant natural beauty with pikes, fells and lakes and limitless outdoor activities combined with the peace and quiet required for your family to enjoy stress-free, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Pound Farm Park?
From 2pm-5Read more