This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
In a beautiful and private rural setting in the heart of Northumberland National Park and next to Kielder Water, PoSHHuts shepherd's huts are a peaceful retreat away from busy everyday life. Sit back and watch the stars - Northumberland National Park was awarded Dark Sky Park status in December 2013 and is now Europe's largest, and nearby Kielder Observatory has regular events for the astronomically inclined.
The site's huts are in their own gardens overlooking woodland and river for a glamping and romantic hideaway. They come with chandeliers, plenty of space, a comfy settee, kingsize bed, woodburning stove, fully fitted bespoke design kitchen (with small oven and fridge) and a luxurious large ensuite shower.
Services that can be booked on arrival include:
- Welcome breakfast pack or PoSHHnosh breakfast option (order direct)
- PoSHHuts pre-prepared evening menu (PoSHHnosh delivered to your hut - just needs heating).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Public transport nearby
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Gas cylinders available
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Rochester (Northumb): Redesdale Arms Coach Stop
— 9.4 miles
9.4 miles Rochester Northumberland: Village Coach Stop — 9.4 miles
9.4 miles Cottonshopeburn: nr Forest Drive Coach Stop — 9.5 miles
- Train stations
Bardon Mill Rail Station
— 14.6 miles
14.6 miles Haltwhistle Rail Station — 14.7 miles
14.7 miles Haydon Bridge Rail Station — 16.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Tower Knowe Ferry Landing
— 1.5 miles
1.5 miles Belvedere Ferry Landing — 2.5 miles
2.5 miles Leaplish Ferry Landing — 3.9 miles
Newcastle International Airport
— 30.4 miles
From the A1
Follow the A69 and then the A68 in the direction of Kielder Water. At Bellingham, turn onto the C200 and arrive at Falstone on the right after the Pheasant Inn at Stannersburn on the left.
Drive past the Blackcock Country Inn on the right and turn down the lane on the right after the church but before the railway bridge. Follow signs to the guest car park. Park on the left - follow signs to your hut.
Kielder Water is the largest artificial lake in the UK. It and Kielder Forest have a host of activities including fishing (stillwater and river), sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, walking, mountain biking and 4x4 safari.
We are just 15 minutes from the Pennine Way, 30 minutes from Hadrian's Wall, 30 minutes from Scotland and right in the middle of 'England's last wilderness', with the Dark Skies Kielder Observatory with many regular events.
- Housesteads Roman Fort (12.3 miles)
- Vindolanda (Chesterholm) Hadrian's Wall (13.4 miles)
- Birdoswald Roman Fort (14.7 miles)
- Hadrian's Wall and Housesteads Fort (12.5 miles)
- Allen Banks and Staward Gorge (15.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does PoSHHuts have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is PoSHHuts dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near PoSHHuts? Kielder Water is the largest artificial lake in the UK. It and Kielder Forest have a host of activities including fishing (stillwater and river), sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, walking, mountain biking and 4x4 ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of PoSHHuts?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: Anytime
From 4pmRead more