This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Welcome to Hesleyside Shepherds huts, luxury camping within the breathtaking grounds of historic Hesleyside, Northumberland National Parks only Stately home.
Step back in time to a simpler way of life. Our traditional shepherd’s huts provide a quiet and cosy retreat from the rush and tumble of the modern world.
- Handcrafted from reclaimed oak. Cosy all year round as insulated with sheep’s wool. Electric plugs, fridge and lighting.
- Feather and down duvets, Egyptian cotton sheets and king size luxury mattress.
- Wood-burning stove with oven and hotplate. Optional breakfast baskets and locally produced suppers.
- En-suite bathroom in each hut with eco-friendly loo, hand basin and hot power shower.
- Pots, pans, and cooking equipment. Dresser and mini Belfast sink with crockery and cutlery for four people.
- Campfire with tripod, trivet, cauldron, griddle and skillet. Supply of logs, kindling and fire lighters.
- Star gazing books and guides, binoculars and telescopes.Maps, adventure books, playing cards.
- A stones throw from the prestigious North Tyne, Hesleyside huts are the perfect fisherman's lodge.
Other optional extras:
- Breakfast Baskets
- Locally sourced suppers
- Fishing packages
Find nearby sites with availability…
Many sites set a maximum occupancy of 6/8 people per pitch, so try breaking your booking down into smaller groups to generate more results. For example, if you’re a group of 10, enter 5 people in your initial search and then book 2 pitches.
However, where the pitch or accommodation occupancy allows it, you can make a booking for up to 30 adults and 30 children in one booking.
To book multiple pitches or accommodation, use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together. Complete the booking form for the first booking (you can add a password and save your card so that we remember your details). Then click "Make another booking like this" at the top of the confirmation page to make the next booking.
Large groups: check the listing page for any group restrictions set out in the terms and section titled ‘Please note’.
Large tents/caravans: check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit is suitable for the space you will be provided with.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Fully serviced pitches
Commercial vehicles allowed
Cycle hire nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
Otterburn (Northumberland) Coach Stop — 7.3 miles
7.3 miles Rochester Northumberland: Village Coach Stop — 9.0 miles
9.0 miles Rochester (Northumb): Redesdale Arms Coach Stop — 9.0 miles
- Train stations
Haydon Bridge Rail Station — 12.0 miles
12.0 miles Bardon Mill Rail Station — 12.1 miles
12.1 miles Haltwhistle Rail Station — 14.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Tower Knowe Ferry Landing — 7.7 miles
7.7 miles Belvedere Ferry Landing — 8.8 miles
8.8 miles Leaplish Ferry Landing — 10.1 miles
Newcastle International Airport — 24.1 miles
Hesleyside is located 7 miles from Kielder Water, 12 miles from Hadrian Wall, 18 miles from Corbridge and 19 miles from Hexham. It is 45 minute drive from Newcastle. It is in the heart of the Northumberland National Park.
Kielder Water and Forest Park
Dark Skies Reserve
Northumberland National Park
- Housesteads Roman Fort (9.4 miles)
- Chesters Roman Fort (10.1 miles)
- Vindolanda (Chesterholm) Hadrian's Wall (11.1 miles)
- Hadrian's Wall and Housesteads Fort (9.4 miles)
- Allen Banks and Staward Gorge (12.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.