Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Small, friendly site behind a pub in Skelton in Cleveland
- A two-mile walk or bike ride to the beach in Saltburn-by-the-Sea
- Beer garden and entertainment on site; food pub over the road
The Duke William is a friendly pub in the North Yorkshire village of Skelton in Cleveland. Pitches are set up in a grass area behind the pub, so it’ll only be a very short stroll from pint to pitch when you stay here.
This is a handy place to stay for getting out into various corners of North Yorkshire: it’s an easy walk or bike ride up to the beach at Saltburn-by-the-Sea, two miles away, and there are many more places to stretch the legs in the North York Moors or out on the Cleveland Way.
It’s also a handy place for the everyday essentials too: there are local shops (including a deli and a butcher) five minutes’ walk away and tasty home-cooked food is served up five days a week at sister pub the Royal George, just over the road. And of course, there’s the Duke William itself: right on your doorstep for drinks and good times either out in the beer garden or inside with the weekly programme of quizzes, karaoke and live music.
Facilities by the pitches are fairly simple, but there’s a shower block with washroom and toilets and pitches are supplied with electrical connections should you need them.
Open from 01/04/2020 to 31/10/2020
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro) and/or any of the following: Staffordshire bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiler, any Mastiff or Tosa.
Commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work-related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers) and sign-written vehicles are not permitted on site.
A cable measuring at least 10 metres is needed for the electric hook-ups.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
Bookings must not consist of more than 2 different households.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Electric grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 4.0m width x 5.0m depth (13.1ft width x 16.4ft depth) Calculated area: 20.0m² (215.3ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Friendly landlord very helpful will definitely visit again. Facilities lovely …
Enjoyed a lot everything was great definitely be coming back
Fantastic site with very friendly and courteous staff.
We were made to fell very welcome from start to …
Excellent site with clean facilities friendly staff and level pitches
Check-in: one group at a time
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
One-way flow for entering/leaving buildings
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Middlesbrough Bus Station
— 10.1 miles
10.1 miles Hartlepool: Stockton Street Coach Stop — 12.3 miles
12.3 miles Billingham on Tees: Wolviston Rd Coach Stop — 13.0 miles
- Train stations
Saltburn Rail Station
— 1.6 miles
1.6 miles Marske Rail Station — 2.2 miles
2.2 miles Longbeck Rail Station — 2.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge North Side
— 9.7 miles
9.7 miles Transporter Bridge South Side — 9.8 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 18.2 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Saltburn-by-the-Sea beach and tramway: five minutes’ drive
- Golf course: five minutes
- Guisborough Forest walks: 10 minutes
- Redcar Flowrider (surf simulator): 15 minutes
- Kildale Falls: 20 minutes
- Museum of Victorian Science: 25 minutes
- Leven Valley Alpacas: 25 minutes
- Whitby (beach, museums, 199 Steps): half an hour.
- The Moors National Park Centre (7.6 miles)
- Captain Cook Birthplace Museum (9.0 miles)
- mima (9.8 miles)
- Ormesby Hall (7.9 miles)
- Mount Grace Priory (18.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11:30 a.m.|
The Duke William cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Pitches: a £10.00 deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure when returning the gate badge/barrier pass/toilet keys.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The Duke William have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Duke William dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Duke William? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Saltburn-by-the-Sea beach and tramway: five minutes’ drive - Golf course: five minutes - Guisborough Forest walks: 10 minutes - Redcar Flowrider (surf simulator): 15 minutes - … Read more
When can I check in and check out of The Duke William?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at The Duke William? From £25 (for 1 night, 6 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability