This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small, friendly site behind a pub in Skelton in Cleveland
- A two-mile walk or bike ride to the beach in Saltburn-by-the-Sea
- Beer garden and entertainment on site; food pub over the road
The Duke William is a friendly pub in the North Yorkshire village of Skelton in Cleveland. Pitches are set up in a grass area behind the pub, so it’ll only be a very short stroll from pint to pitch when you stay here.
This is a handy place to stay for getting out into various corners of North Yorkshire: it’s an easy walk or bike ride up to the beach at Saltburn-by-the-Sea, two miles away, and there are many more places to stretch the legs in the North York Moors or out on the Cleveland Way.
It’s also a handy place for the everyday essentials too: there are local shops (including a deli and a butcher) five minutes’ walk away and tasty home-cooked food is served up five days a week at sister pub the Royal George, just over the road. And of course, there’s the Duke William itself: right on your doorstep for drinks and good times either out in the beer garden or inside with the weekly programme of quizzes, karaoke and live music.
Facilities by the pitches are fairly simple, but there’s a shower block with washroom and toilets and pitches are supplied with electrical connections should you need them.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Excellent little hidden gem.
Friendly landlord very helpful will definitely visit again. Facilities lovely …
Enjoyed a lot everything was great definitely be coming back
Fantastic site with very friendly and courteous staff.
We were made to fell very welcome from start to …
Excellent site with clean facilities friendly staff and level pitches
Check-in: one group at a time
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitizing stations
More frequent emptying of bins
One-way flow for entering/leaving buildings
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Middlesbrough Bus Station
— 16.3 kilometers
16.3 kilometers Hartlepool: Stockton Street Coach Stop — 19.9 kilometers
19.9 kilometers Billingham on Tees: Wolviston Rd Coach Stop — 20.9 kilometers
- Train stations
Saltburn Rail Station
— 2.7 kilometers
2.7 kilometers Marske Rail Station — 3.5 kilometers
3.5 kilometers Longbeck Rail Station — 4.1 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge North Side
— 15.7 kilometers
15.7 kilometers Transporter Bridge South Side — 15.7 kilometers
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 29.3 kilometers
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Saltburn-by-the-Sea beach and tramway: five minutes’ drive
- Golf course: five minutes
- Guisborough Forest walks: 10 minutes
- Redcar Flowrider (surf simulator): 15 minutes
- Kildale Falls: 20 minutes
- Museum of Victorian Science: 25 minutes
- Leven Valley Alpacas: 25 minutes
- Whitby (beach, museums, 199 Steps): half an hour.
- The Moors National Park Centre (12.2 kilometers)
- Captain Cook Birthplace Museum (14.5 kilometers)
- mima (15.8 kilometers)
- Ormesby Hall (12.6 kilometers)
- Mount Grace Priory (29.2 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11:30 a.m.|
The Duke William cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Sites: a £10.00 ($17.42) deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure when returning the gate badge/barrier pass/toilet keys.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The Duke William have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Duke William dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Duke William? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Saltburn-by-the-Sea beach and tramway: five minutes’ drive - Golf course: five minutes - Guisborough Forest walks: 10 minutes - Redcar Flowrider (surf simulator): 15 minutes - … Read more
When can I check in and check out of The Duke William?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.