This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Friendly Yorkshire stays with campfires and eco-friendly facilities
- Within 30 minutes of historic York and Harrogate
- A short stroll from the village shop, pub and bus stop
Seeking a green hol in peaceful countryside on a friendly site that doesn't cost the earth? The Hideaway at Baxby Manor is a small, relaxed and friendly site in North Yorkshire, on a six-acre field that's part of a huge farm, surrounded by trees and bounded on one side by a stream.
Settle down here for peaceful stays far away from thoughts of the office and the daily commute... this is a haven for hiking and cycling, and a handy base for top Yorkshire destinations like Harrogate and Nidderdale. The site's also a perfect base for tootling along to the many local historic and cultural attractions, such as the Beningborough Hall Georgian mansion and the splendid Rievaulx Abbey.
After a day spent wearing in your hiking boots, you’ll be pleased to note that the site’s shower block is a swanky log cabin-style building, heated and with plenty of hot water. Preserving the environment is important to the staff here: a biomass straw pellet boiler is used to heat the water for your showers, LED lights have been installed throughout the building and rainwater is used for flushing the toilets.
The Hideaway at Baxby Manor is reach-for-the-compass rural, but at the same time it's only a stroll from the village shop, pub and bus stop, so you’ll be able to pick up supplies without any worries. The on-site coffee van, local produce-selling shop and butcher have been hailed by guests too.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
- Coach stations
— 6.6 miles
6.6 miles Bus Station Stand 1 — 12.4 miles
12.4 miles Bus Stn Stand A — 14.9 miles
- Train stations
Thirsk Rail Station
— 7.4 miles
7.4 miles Hammerton Rail Station — 12.2 miles
12.2 miles Cattal Rail Station — 12.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge South Side
— 28.7 miles
28.7 miles Transporter Bridge North Side — 28.8 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 25.2 miles
25.2 miles Leeds Bradford International Airport — 27.4 miles
If you're itching to show off your hiking boots, you'll be happy here – the scenery is fab for walking, cycling and touring: north to the open landscape of the moors (a 25-minute drive); south through the farmlands of the Vale of York (10 minutes), and west to the Dales, an hour away.
Or head east to the Wolds (also an hour) and coast for fishing villages, Whitby, and the seaside resorts of Scarborough and Filey, all within an hour and a half's drive). The spa town of Harrogate – a top spot for afternoon tea – is within a 30-minute drive, as is the city of York.
Riding stables are also a big here – a trekking centre is a few minutes' drive away, and there are several golf courses in the area. There is also some great fishing to be had on the local rivers and fish lakes, and for family days, test your nerve on the large variety of rides at Flamingoland and Lightwater Valley Fun Parks, both around 40 minutes away. You can also fly sky high with Microlight experience flights and lessons on the farm, run by proprietors David and Elaine.
- Rievaulx Abbey (7.5 miles)
- Duncombe Park (7.6 miles)
- Rievaulx Terrace & Temples (NT) (7.6 miles)
- Rievaulx Terrace (7.6 miles)
- Nunnington Hall (10.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Hideaway at Baxby Manor have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Hideaway at Baxby Manor dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Hideaway at Baxby Manor? If you're itching to show off your hiking boots, you'll be happy here – the scenery is fab for walking, cycling and touring: north to the open landscape of the moors (a … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Hideaway at Baxby Manor?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.