This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small and peaceful site in the village of Terrington
- A 15-minute drive to Malton and half an hour to York
- Simple pitches with great views of the Howardian Hills
It’s not often that you find a campsite in the middle of village, but that’s just where Skyline Pop-up Campsite is – in the centre of the village of the North Yorkshire village of Terrington, in fact, and within a few minutes’ walk of its bus stops, excellent shop and tea room (open for home-baked treats seven days a week).
There are only a small handful of pitches at this site, so you’ll have plenty of space to spread out and take in the stunning views up over the moors (this is the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, so great scenery comes as standard). Pitches have been kept fairly simple but you’ll have access to a portaloo, a water supply and an outdoor electric plug as well as a hardstanding area with a firepit.
Terrington’s only a small village so you’ll be in for a nice peaceful time on site – and you’ll be able to get out into the countryside easily enough for some wonderful walks and bike rides. For a change of scenery the market town of Malton is about 15 minutes’ drive away, or you can get to York with a journey of about half an hour. Whitby, Scarborough and other east coast beaches can all be on the agenda too with a drive of a little under an hour.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Friendly host, came to ensure we were ok. Lovely little village.
Tried rearranging the dates because of work commitments, but got no re
Excellent value and such wonderful views.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 9.8 miles
9.8 miles Stamford Bridge The Square — 9.8 miles
9.8 miles The Royal Oak — 11.4 miles
- Train stations
Malton Rail Station
— 7.3 miles
7.3 miles Poppleton Rail Station — 12.7 miles
12.7 miles York Rail Station — 12.7 miles
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge South Side
— 33.1 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 32.2 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Castle Howard: 10 minutes’ drive
- Eden Camp Modern History Museum: 20 minutes
- York Bird of Prey Centre: 20 minutes
- Scampston Hall & Walled Garden: 25 minutes
- Flamingo Land Resort (theme park): 25 minutes
- York: half an hour
- Pickering (for the North Yorkshire Moors Railway): half an hour
- Scarborough: 50 minutes
- Whitby: 55 minutes.
- Kew at Castle Howard (2.9 miles)
- The Arboretum - Kew at Castle Howard (2.9 miles)
- Castle Howard (2.9 miles)
- Nunnington Hall (5.3 miles)
- Rievaulx Terrace (10.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Skyline Pop-up Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Skyline Pop-up Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Skyline Pop-up Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Castle Howard: 10 minutes’ drive - Eden Camp Modern History Museum: 20 minutes - York Bird of Prey Centre: 20 minutes - Scampston Hall & Walled … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Skyline Pop-up Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.