This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Clifftop pop-up site with views of the moors and sea in Whitby
- A short walk to Whitby's beach, boat trips, museums and steam railway
- Catering units, bar and evening entertainment from Friday to Sunday
Wangle a weekend away wandering around one of the north east’s most well-known seaside towns with a stay at Whitby Showground in North Yorkshire. Guests at this prime pop-up site set on the cliffs will settle in right next to Whitby Abbey, a fine place to immerse yourself in the area’s history.
After roaming the ruins, take the famed 199 Steps stairway down into Whitby for beach walks, watersports, whale spotting boat cruises and tours of the Captain Cook Museum; for thrills with a chill, take a Dracula Experience guided walk around the Yorkshire town where Bram Stoker dreamt up his fang-toothed Count.
For a more calming experience, take a stroll through leafy Pannett Park, finishing up with fishing history and fine art in the museum and gallery.
Guests will be pleased to note that while the town has a fab traditional feel, the facilities on site aren't of the vintage variety: there are portable toilets and Elsan points on site, as well as water points.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
This site is a great pop up when the weather is kind. Awful when not
Excellent site, nice quiet site short walk to Whitby centre
I would like details of how to claim a refund please
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Public transport nearby
Very large (over 200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Whitby: Bus Station Station Square
— 0.5 miles
0.5 miles Goathland (N Yorks): Village Centre Bus Stop — 7.6 miles
7.6 miles Cloughton (N Yorks): High Street Coach Stop — 12.4 miles
- Train stations
Whitby Rail Station
— 0.5 miles
0.5 miles Ruswarp Rail Station — 1.5 miles
1.5 miles Sleights Rail Station — 3.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge North Side
— 25.8 miles
25.8 miles Transporter Bridge South Side — 25.8 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 33.3 miles
Don't forget the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, whose steam puffers chuff their way from Whitby through the cracking landscape down to Pickering (40 minutes' drive).
Walkers can choose to hop off this fab heritage steam railway at the restored stations of Levisham or Newton Dale Halt (40 minutes and an hour from the site) for paths across the moors and there's more fine hiking turf around Goathland (25 minutes), whose station might seem familiar to Harry Potter fans…
For coastal paths, it's a quarter of an hour's drive to Robin Hood's Bay, or a couple of hours' breezy clifftop walk. You can follow the 109-mile Cleveland Way right down to Scarborough (half an hour by car) for a spot of Edwardian seaside grandeur, rides on the Luna Park funfair, walks round the ancient castle and assorted shark/dolphin/sting ray interactions at the SEA LIFE sanctuary.
There are more rides and thrills to be found at Flamingo Land, along with a small zoo and for treetop walks and zipwires, Go Ape! Dalby is on hand, on the edge of the walking and nature-spotting opportunities of Dalby Forest Park (both 45 minutes).
- Whitby Abbey (0.2 miles)
- The Moors National Park Centre (11.8 miles)
- Dalby Forest Visitor Centre (15.1 miles)
- Yorkshire Coast (7.6 miles)
- Bridestones, Crosscliff and Blakey Topping (13.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Whitby Showground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Whitby Showground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Whitby Showground? Don't forget the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, whose steam puffers chuff their way from Whitby through the cracking landscape down to Pickering (40 minutes' drive). Walkers can choose to hop off this … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Whitby Showground?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.