This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In the grounds of a former shooting lodge in the Yorkshire Dales
- Garden, adventure playground, TV room, games room and log fire
- Fully licensed with breakfast and evening meals served daily
YHA Grinton Lodge is in the green and scenic surrounds of Grinton Lodge Youth Hostel, with views over Swaledale and the village of Reeth, near Richmond in North Yorkshire.
The hostel is a former shooting lodge in the Yorkshire Dales, in its own grounds within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. It’s in a walkers’ paradise, with mountain biking available right from the front gate, and welcomes hikers, cyclists, families, solo travellers and groups.
All guests have access to the hostel garden with adventure playground; a self-catering kitchen, and a comfy recreation area with a TV room, games room, drying room and log fire. Toilets and showers are in the main building.
The hostel is fully licensed and serves food every day as well as preparing packed lunches if ordered in advance or on arrival. A buffet breakfast (cooked or continental) is available every morning from 7.30 until 9, and home-cooked evening meals are served from 6 to 8pm, with last orders to reception by 7pm.
The nearest village is Grinton, half a mile away. Three pubs, two shops, a bakery, a post office and a café are at Reeth, within five minutes' drive.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 11.9 miles
11.9 miles The Angel — 12.0 miles
12.0 miles Dolphin Centre — 18.3 miles
- Train stations
Garsdale Rail Station
— 16.5 miles
16.5 miles Darlington Rail Station — 18.4 miles
18.4 miles Kirkby Stephen Rail Station — 18.7 miles
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge South Side
— 31.6 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 22.1 miles
Postcode DL11 6HS From Grinton, YHA Grinton Lodge is signposted 3/4 mile up the hill, on the moor
Via public transport: take a train to Darlington or Northallerton, then a bus to Richmond. Limited buses available from Richmond.
Local attractions and activities include:
- mountain biking: from the front gate
- guided walks: ask on site
- Reeth (Domesbay Book village with access to the Alfred Wainwright Coast to Coast Way from Saint Bees to Robin Hood's Bay): five minutes
- hikes around Harkerside Moor and Calver Hill: from Reeth
- Ellerton Abbey: five minutes' drive
- Bolton Castle: 15 minutes
- Leyburn: 15 minutes
- Richmond: 20 minutes
- Aysgarth Falls: 20 minutes.
- Richmond Castle (7.8 miles)
- Easby Abbey (EH) (8.2 miles)
- Jervaulx Abbey (10.6 miles)
- Braithwaite Hall (8.7 miles)
- Moulton Hall (11.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Grinton Lodge Youth Hostel have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Grinton Lodge Youth Hostel dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Grinton Lodge Youth Hostel? Local attractions and activities include: - mountain biking: from the front gate - guided walks: ask on site - Reeth (Domesbay Book village with access to the Alfred Wainwright Coast to Coast … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Grinton Lodge Youth Hostel?
Camping and touring Arrive: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.