This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In the grounds of a former shooting lodge in the Yorkshire Dales
- Garden, adventure playground, TV room, games room and log fire
- Fully licensed with breakfast and evening meals served daily
YHA Grinton Lodge is in the green and scenic surrounds of Grinton Lodge Youth Hostel, with views over Swaledale and the village of Reeth, near Richmond in North Yorkshire.
The hostel is a former shooting lodge in the Yorkshire Dales, in its own grounds within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. It’s in a walkers’ paradise, with mountain biking available right from the front gate, and welcomes hikers, cyclists, families, solo travellers and groups.
All guests have access to the hostel garden with adventure playground; a self-catering kitchen, and a comfy recreation area with a TV room, games room, drying room and log fire. Toilets and showers are in the main building.
The hostel is fully licensed and serves food every day as well as preparing packed lunches if ordered in advance or on arrival. A buffet breakfast (cooked or continental) is available every morning from 7.30 until 9, and home-cooked evening meals are served from 6 to 8pm, with last orders to reception by 7pm.
The nearest village is Grinton, half a mile away. Three pubs, two shops, a bakery, a post office and a café are at Reeth, within five minutes' drive.
Open from 04/07/2020 to 31/12/2020
Open from 01/01/2021 to 31/12/2021
Open from 01/01/2022 to 31/12/2022
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Gas cylinders available
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Scotch Corner Services A1: Coach Stop
— 11.6 miles
11.6 miles Barnard Castle: Galgate Coach Stop — 11.8 miles
11.8 miles Catterick Coach Stop — 12.0 miles
- Train stations
Garsdale Rail Station
— 16.5 miles
16.5 miles Darlington Rail Station — 18.4 miles
18.4 miles Kirkby Stephen Rail Station — 18.7 miles
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge South Side
— 31.6 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 22.1 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- mountain biking: from the front gate
- guided walks: ask on site
- Reeth (Domesbay Book village with access to the Alfred Wainwright Coast to Coast Way from Saint Bees to Robin Hood's Bay): five minutes
- hikes around Harkerside Moor and Calver Hill: from Reeth
- Ellerton Abbey: five minutes' drive
- Bolton Castle: 15 minutes
- Leyburn: 15 minutes
- Richmond: 20 minutes
- Aysgarth Falls: 20 minutes.
- Richmond Castle (7.8 miles)
- Easby Abbey (EH) (8.2 miles)
- Jervaulx Abbey (10.6 miles)
- Braithwaite Hall (8.7 miles)
- Moulton Hall (11.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||5 p.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
|Arrive:||5 p.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Grinton Lodge Youth Hostel cancellation policy
All cancellation charges are calculated from the day written notification is received by YHA. These charges are based on how many days before the date of the first night of your stay we receive your cancellation notice. The first night of your stay is defined as starting at 5pm. These charges are based on the total cost of your stay.
Up to 24 hours: 10% of the total cost of your stay
24 hours or less: full payment for the first night of your stay
No notice of cancellation: full cost of entire stay
More than 56 days: deposit
55 – 42 days: 30% of the total cost of your stay
41 – 28 days: 60% of the total cost of your stay
27 – 15 days: 90% of the total cost of your stay
14 days or less: The total cost of your stay
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
You are able to pay the remaining payment when you arrive at the campsite.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
Payment methods accepted on the parkMaestro
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Grinton Lodge Youth Hostel have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Grinton Lodge Youth Hostel dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Grinton Lodge Youth Hostel? Local attractions and activities include: - mountain biking: from the front gate - guided walks: ask on site - Reeth (Domesbay Book village with access to the Alfred Wainwright Coast to Coast … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Grinton Lodge Youth Hostel?
Camping and touring Arrive: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.