This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
Find nearby sites with availability…
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Smoothing the rough edges of camping, Round the Woods will help you truly unwind in the glorious natural beauty of the Norfolk countryside.
Nestled among the trees, in the beautiful surroundings of the Wensum valley, Round the Woods is a small scale, luxury glamping experience where you can feel truly sheltered from the world. Snuggle up by the fire on a cool spring evening or relax in a hammock on a warm summer day. Find yourself near unblemished beaches, beautiful Norfolk broads, and fabulous, fun-filled forest.
Round the Woods has provided all you need to stay in complete comfort in one of our beautiful handcrafted yurts, making this the perfect stress-free escape. Light and spacious with a clear skylight for viewing the stars, guests will find a welcome hamper with locally sourced breakfast ingredients for your first morning.
The washrooms contain three spacious and comfortable shower rooms with hot water, seating, mirrors and hairdryers. There is a communal campfire.
Find nearby sites with availability…
Many sites set a maximum occupancy of 6/8 people per pitch, so try breaking your booking down into smaller groups to generate more results. For example, if you’re a group of 10, enter 5 people in your initial search and then book 2 pitches.
However, where the pitch or accommodation occupancy allows it, you can make a booking for up to 30 adults and 30 children in one booking.
To book multiple pitches or accommodation, use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together. Complete the booking form for the first booking (you can add a password and save your card so that we remember your details). Then click "Make another booking like this" at the top of the confirmation page to make the next booking.
Large groups: check the listing page for any group restrictions set out in the terms and section titled ‘Please note’.
Large tents/caravans: check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit is suitable for the space you will be provided with.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
- Coach stations
Hockering: The Street Victoria Coach Stop — 3.1 miles
3.1 miles Dereham: Eckling Grange Coach Stop — 6.5 miles
6.5 miles Dereham: Market Place Coach Stop — 7.4 miles
- Train stations
Norwich Rail Station — 10.0 miles
10.0 miles Wymondham Rail Station — 10.1 miles
10.1 miles Salhouse Rail Station — 12.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Reedham Ferry North — 21.3 miles
21.3 miles Reedham Ferry South — 21.3 miles
Norwich International Airport — 7.6 miles
The exact location of our site will be disclosed once booking is confirmed in order to ensure privacy of our guests. We will contact you to provide with the correct directions to the site.
We are conveniently located for access to all that Norfolk has to offer and there's plenty of great activities and sites just a stone's throw away:
- Dinosaur Adventure Park: 85 acres to explore the amazing world of dinosaurs, an indoor play zone and a deer safari.
- Foxley Wood: Norfolk's largest remaining ancient woodland, coloured by bluebells in spring.
- Mid Norfolk Railway: heritage passenger trains running between the market towns of Dereham and Wymondham, through 11 miles of idyllic Norfolk countryside.
- Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse: in this 50 acre site discover the historic workhouse, the Museum of life on the land and visit the farm animals. There's also a great adventure playground.
- Whitwell and Reepham Railway: a working railway with steam and Diesel engines which is open at weekend. Steam engines run on the first Sunday of each month and special events are hold throughout the year.
- Local walks and cycle routes: there are many great walks in the local area, the Marriot's Way, a 26 mile footpath, cycle route and bridleway, which follows the routes of two disused railway lines, and runs between the historic market town of Aylsham and Norwich. You can join this in Lenwade, less than one mile away Wensum Way, a 12 mile footpath that passes through some beautiful central Norfolk landscape, much of it alongside or close to the river Wensum.
- Pensthorpe Natural Park: explore nature trails and woodland walks and children can enjoy the adventure playground.
- The beautiful North Norfolk coast can be reached in less than 30 minutes. Beaches include the Broads, Thetford Forest and Great Yarmouth.
- Bewilderwood outdoor adventure.
- Blickling Hall, Gardens and Park (8.5 miles)
- Colman's Mustard Shop and Museum (9.5 miles)
- Mannington Gardens (9.6 miles)
- Blickling Hall, Gardens and Park (8.4 miles)
- Felbrigg Hall, Garden and Park (14.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.