This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful, remote and relaxing family park, eight miles from Norwich
- Spectacular views, suntrap field and acres of room to roam or sunbathe
- Heated outdoor pool, mini tennis courts and a playground
Merryhill Country Park is a family-friendly site, with heated outdoor pool, a play park and space to relax, all surrounded by forest.
Pitches at Merryhill are spacious and well-located, with optional electric. Guests have access to a fridge freezer, a washing machine and tumble dryer; also on site is a modern shower block with separate gents', ladies' and disabled-friendly toilets.
Nearby, the Ringland Swan pub and the Parsons Woodforde pub are both within three miles; Longwater Retail Park with shops and fast food outlets, is just over four miles away, and the Chapelfield shopping centre is under 10 miles.
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
- Coach stations
Hockering: The Street Victoria Coach Stop
— 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Norwich: University of East Anglia Coach Stop — 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Hethersett: Thickthorn Cottages Coach Stop — 5.8 miles
- Train stations
Wymondham Rail Station
— 7.4 miles
7.4 miles Norwich Rail Station — 7.7 miles
7.7 miles Spooner Row Rail Station — 9.7 miles
- Ferry ports
Reedham Ferry North
— 19.0 miles
19.0 miles Reedham Ferry South — 19.1 miles
Norwich International Airport
— 5.9 miles
From Norwich take the A47 direction Swaffham. Pass the Sainsbury's junction and after the roundabout take the first right onto Taverham Road. The campsite is signposted on the lefthand side.
From Swaffham/King's Lynn: follow the A47 heading towards Norwich. Go straight over at Honingham roundabout and take the first left (Taverham Road). Continue to the cross-roads where the park is signposted left.
From the Thickthorn roundabout: follow the A47 heading towards Swaffham. At the Easton roundabout go straight on and take the first right (Taverham Road). Continue to the cross-roads where the park is signposted left.
Stacks of family options are close by Merryhill Country Park, like Norfolk Showground and Dinosaur Adventure Land under five miles and both BeWILDerwood and Banham Zoo within 17—25.
The splendid city of Norwich is less than 11 miles away – if you only have a day here, see the castle and/or cathedral; if you have a bit longer, also take in the marketplace, shopping in the Lanes and the rest of the Norwich 12, the dozen old buildings including Norwich Castle and the cathedral.
A quieter urban day out is at the market town of East Dereham 20 minutes' drive from Merryhill; Greentrees Caravans is here too to pick up any last minute bits and pieces of caravan kit.
Also take time to visit the Royal Norwich Golf Club six and a half miles away; Carrow Road within 11; Whitlingham Broad within 15 and Wroxham about 22.5 miles from base.
- Colman's Mustard Shop and Museum (7.2 miles)
- Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery (7.3 miles)
- Norwich Cathedral (7.3 miles)
- Blickling Hall, Gardens and Park (10.3 miles)
- Felbrigg Hall, Garden and Park (17.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Merryhill Country Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Merryhill Country Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Merryhill Country Park? Stacks of family options are close by Merryhill Country Park, like Norfolk Showground and Dinosaur Adventure Land under five miles and both BeWILDerwood and Banham Zoo within 17—25. The splendid city of … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Merryhill Country Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.