This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
Find nearby sites with availability…
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Located in the beautiful countryside of South Norfolk, East Anglia
- Next to one of the UK's most exciting wildlife attractions, Banham Zoo
- A quiet, family and dog-friendly caravan park and campsite
Applewood Countryside Park is located in the beautiful area of South Norfolk and offers some great facilities to make for a relaxing break in the countryside. The park is adjacent to one of the country’s most exciting wildlife attractions, Banham Zoo with over 2,000 animals from around the world, and is ideally situated to explore the many attractions and picturesque landscapes of Norfolk and Suffolk.
A quiet, family-friendly caravan park and campsite we cater for touring caravans, motor homes, tents and offer six cosy glamping pods. Our facilities include a Park Reception, spacious pitches, electrical hook-ups and exclusive disabled hook-up points, free WiFi, modern high standard shower and toilet facilities, together with laundry and washing-up facilities. Dogs are welcome at no additional charge!
Just a short walk from the park is The Appleyard shopping courtyard which provides all the amenities you may need during your stay, including a licensed grocery shop, craft shop, family run butchers, fast food takeaway restaurant and hairdressers, not to mention an award winning cider producer and local pub, the “Banham Barrel”. Every Sunday we also have one of the largest car boots in the area starting at 6am with hundreds of stalls and thousands of bargains.
Find nearby sites with availability…
Many sites set a maximum occupancy of 6/8 people per pitch, so try breaking your booking down into smaller groups to generate more results. For example, if you’re a group of 10, enter 5 people in your initial search and then book 2 pitches.
However, where the pitch or accommodation occupancy allows it, you can make a booking for up to 30 adults and 30 children in one booking.
To book multiple pitches or accommodation, use the 'Special requests' box on the booking page to ask to be sited together. Complete the booking form for the first booking (you can add a password and save your card so that we remember your details). Then click "Make another booking like this" at the top of the confirmation page to make the next booking.
Large groups: check the listing page for any group restrictions set out in the terms and section titled ‘Please note’.
Large tents/caravans: check the restrictions on unit dimensions to ensure your unit is suitable for the space you will be provided with.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
Commercial vehicles allowed
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
- Coach stations
Attleborough: Queens Square Coach Stop — 5.1 miles
5.1 miles Diss Bus Station — 5.9 miles
5.9 miles Wymondham: Avenue Rd Coach Stop — 9.4 miles
- Train stations
Eccles Road Rail Station — 3.0 miles
3.0 miles Attleborough Rail Station — 4.8 miles
4.8 miles Harling Road Rail Station — 5.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Reedham Ferry North — 23.4 miles
23.4 miles Reedham Ferry South — 23.4 miles
23.4 miles Southwold Ferry Landing — 28.5 miles
Norwich International Airport — 18.8 miles
Follow the brown tourist signs to Banham Zoo from the A11 and A140. Enter the Banham Zoo carpark and follow the signs to Applewood Countryside Park.
- St George's Distillery, home of The English Whisky Co. and the first distillery in England in over 100 years
- Redgrave & Lopham Fen, National Nature Reserve and the largest remaining lowland valley fen in England
- Bressingham Steam & Gardens, a magnificent collection of working locomotives that take you on a tour of six beautifully landscaped gardens and woodland
- Dinosaur Adventure, explore this amazing world of dinosaurs, discover DINOMITE, a prehistoric paradise of climbing nets, bridges and ball pools and get wet and wild at Dippy's Splash Zone, a water play park filled with jets, fountains and slides
- Norfolk Broads, day boat hire and tours available
- Historic city of Norwich, for the castle, museums, theatre and shopping
- Busy market towns, including Diss, Attleborough, Bury St Edmunds
- National Trust properties, including Oxburgh Hall, Ickworth House
- Banham Zoo (0.2 miles)
- Bressingham Steam and Gardens (4.4 miles)
- Grimes Graves (15.2 miles)
- Theatre Royal, Bury St Edmunds (19.3 miles)
- Oxburgh Hall (21.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.