This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Relaxed back to basics car-free camping in the Waveney valley
- On the Norfolk/Suffolk border close to the Broads and Suffolk coast
- Six acres of woodland with three ponds, a stream and a spring
Wardley Hill Campsite is a new ecological site in the Waveney valley on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. Wildflowers and grass are left to grow to encourage butterflies and bees, although there is still plenty of space to throw a frisbee or perhaps have a game of rounders.
The six-acre site has woodland, three ponds, a stream and a spring. The camping field is exclusively for tents while campervans have their own area. Amenities include three composting toilets, a urinal and a hot shower.
The owners would like guests to be able to camp how they want, choose wherever they want to pitch, and stay for as long or as little as they like.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Bungay: Earsham Street Coach Stop
— 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Beccles: Old Market Coach Stop — 3.9 miles
3.9 miles Harleston (Norfolk): Broad St Coach Stop — 9.4 miles
- Train stations
Beccles Rail Station
— 4.2 miles
4.2 miles Reedham (Norfolk) Rail Station — 6.4 miles
6.4 miles Cantley Rail Station — 6.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Reedham Ferry South
— 5.8 miles
5.8 miles Reedham Ferry North — 5.9 miles
5.9 miles Southwold Ferry Landing — 14.1 miles
Norwich International Airport
— 15.3 miles
You'll find us just off the A143 Bungay to Beccles Road. Wardley Hill is opposite Crossways - the countryside supplies store. Access not suitable for cars with very low suspension. Please contact us when you are on your way to arrange alternative parking. Your booking ID must be provided.
By public transport:
The nearest train station is Beccles or Diss where you can catch the number 80 or 81 Anglia bus to Kirby Cane.
We are perfectly situated on the National Cycle Route 1 for those of you on two wheels.
The site is on the edge of the Norfolk Broads, with boat and canoe hire close by.
The Suffolk coast is a short drive away, Southwold being a very popular destination.
There are quiet roads for cycling and many footpaths to explore: perhaps stopping off at a local real ale pub or local restaurant...?
- Fritton Lake Country World (8.2 miles)
- Somerleyton Hall and Gardens (8.5 miles)
- Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery (12.5 miles)
- Elizabethan House Museum (13.2 miles)
- Horsey Windpump (19.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Wardley Hill Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Wardley Hill Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Wardley Hill Campsite? The site is on the edge of the Norfolk Broads, with boat and canoe hire close by. The Suffolk coast is a short drive away, Southwold being a very popular destination. There … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Wardley Hill Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 4 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.