Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Quiet family-run working farm site in rural Norfolk
- A 30-minute drive from Thetford Forest Park; 35 minutes to Hunstanton
- Horses and dogs accommodated; fishing pond and kitchen area on site
From muddling your way down bridleways, forest trails and estates to pottering around quaysides or getting stuck into a classic Victorian seaside resort, you’ll be able to kickstart a breezy break in Norfolk from Abbey Farm Liveries. This quiet rural site halfway between Swaffham and King’s Lynn isn’t just a good spot for the family or your assorted group of adventurers, though – dogs and horses are also accommodated on site.
You’re in for a pretty cosy stay here, as there’s a shower and toilet on site, as well as a small kitchen area with a fridge, microwave, kettle and dishwashing area so that you prep your own food, perhaps ready for a campfire or barbecue.
The site is in East Walton, one of three villages in the Westacre Estate, where footpaths and bridleways are an added convenience. The estate has a rewilding project surrounding the site, so you may catch wild ponies, cattle, pigs and other native animals while out on your wanders.
This is a family-run site, so the owners will be able to point those of you with horses in the direction of good horse riding routes. You’ll also get the lowdown on where’s hot to eat out nearby – handily, there are a couple of pubs within five minutes’ drive of the site.
Those of you who are down for a spot of fishing will also be happy to find that there’s a fishing pond on site stocked with tench, roach, perch and carp to round things off.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
A charge of £1.00 applies for the use of the shower.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Electric optional grass pitch
Max. persons: 4 x
One Tent or Trailer tent or Touring caravan or Campervan or Motorhome allowed per pitch
Pitch size : unlimited
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
I relexed 100% will come back next year.
If you are looking for a base away from the crowds this is it.
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitising stations
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 2.2 miles
2.2 miles Church — 3.2 miles
3.2 miles Church — 5.0 miles
- Train stations
Kings Lynn Rail Station
— 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Watlington Rail Station — 8.7 miles
8.7 miles Downham Market Rail Station — 11.8 miles
- Ferry ports
King's Lynn Ferry Landing
— 8.3 miles
8.3 miles West Lynn Ferry Landing — 8.5 miles
Norwich International Airport
— 29.5 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Sandringham Estate (house, gardens and park for walking and cycling): 15 minutes’ drive
- Swaffham (market town): 15 minutes
- King’s Lynn (Hanseatic town with heritage sites, the Hanse Trail and quayside): 20 minutes
- Snettisham (nature reserve and beach): 25 minutes
- Thetford Forest Park (cycling, walking and wildlife spotting): half an hour
- Hunstanton (classic Victorian seaside resort): 35 minutes
- Holkham Hall (Palladian-style home and parklands): 45 minutes
- Holkham beach: 50 minutes.
- Castle Acre Castle (4.7 miles)
- Sandringham (8.0 miles)
- Houghton Hall (8.3 miles)
- St George's Guildhall (8.2 miles)
- Oxburgh Hall (9.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Abbey Farm Liveries cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Abbey Farm Liveries on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Abbey Farm Liveries have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Abbey Farm Liveries dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Abbey Farm Liveries? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Sandringham Estate (house, gardens and park for walking and cycling): 15 minutes’ drive - Swaffham (market town): 15 minutes - King’s Lynn (Hanseatic town with heritage … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Abbey Farm Liveries?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime
- How much does it cost to stay at Abbey Farm Liveries? From £10 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability