This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Serene glampsite with self-contained luxury pods in the Norfolk Broads
- A 10-minute drive from Acle and 20 minutes to Winterton-on-Sea
- Each unit has private ensuite, kitchenette, smart TV, firepit and deck
Nesting in the Norfolk Broads is particularly nifty at Millview Meadow Glamping, a site overlooking Runham village’s grazing marshes and a part-restored 19th-century drainage mill. That’s because you’ll bed down in a stylish pod built to a high standard, specially designed to keep you cosy no matter the time of year.
Each self-contained unit also has an ensuite bathroom, kitchenette and kingsize bed for comfy self-catered getaways in a peaceful settlement surrounded by countryside. Throw open your French doors or step out onto the spacious deck and gaze at sights like the tower of local Runham Church peeping through the trees.
The park is slightly north of the River Bure, accessible on a footpath that runs along the edge of a meadow; from here, walks along the water, either to the river at Great Yarmouth or upstream to villages like Acle and Thurne (10 and 20 minutes’ drive), are possible. Lots of pubs serving meals and drinks are along the way and the path also leads to a local fishing lake available for private hire if you feel like angling, picnicking or wildlife spotting.
Chartering a boat’s also a top way to get around the area – visit the nearby village of Potter Heigham (20 minutes’ drive) to hire crafts including canoes or set off on one of the nearby cycle routes, country lanes and woodland trails by bike.
Return to the site after days on the water and warm up by the firepit – a starter kit’s supplied to get the blaze going and additional logs can be bought at the park.
Open from 06/07/2020 to 30/09/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.9 miles
3.9 miles Kings Head — 3.9 miles
3.9 miles Market Gates — 4.3 miles
- Train stations
Berney Arms Rail Station
— 3.5 miles
3.5 miles Great Yarmouth Rail Station — 3.9 miles
3.9 miles Acle Rail Station — 4.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Reedham Ferry North
— 6.8 miles
6.8 miles Reedham Ferry South — 6.8 miles
6.8 miles Southwold Ferry Landing — 22.4 miles
Norwich International Airport
— 15.4 miles
Fancy some time on the beach after explores of the Norfolk Broads? Wander along the sand at serene Winterton-on-Sea or get yourself to Great Yarmouth for a livelier day by the coast (both 20 minutes’ drive). The latter resort has a few attractions to check out, including displays dedicated to Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson in the Nelson Life Museum and an aquarium.
Mosey to the Merrivale Model Village, with its miniature landscapes and buildings, too and make sure to put the Pleasure Beach and Joyland amusement parks on your itinerary if you have kids.
Small fry are also partial to a bit of seal spotting at Horsey Gap (25 minutes), especially between October and early February when the animal's pups are born.
- Pleasure Beach (5.0 miles)
- Fritton Lake Country World (6.7 miles)
- Somerleyton Hall and Gardens (8.3 miles)
- Elizabethan House Museum (4.3 miles)
- Horsey Windpump (7.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Millview Meadow Glamping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Millview Meadow Glamping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Millview Meadow Glamping? Fancy some time on the beach after explores of the Norfolk Broads? Wander along the sand at serene Winterton-on-Sea or get yourself to Great Yarmouth for a livelier day by the coast … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Millview Meadow Glamping?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3:30 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.
You will be provided with a key code to access the keys to the pods, prior to arrival.Read more