This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On the banks of the River Severn, two miles from Worcester city centre
- Close to the M5, 15 minutes' drive from the Malvern Hills
- Fishing on site; riverside walk from site to city centre
City strolls or countryside wanders – which one might you fancy while on your Worcestershire break? If the answer is ‘a bit of both, actually’ then you’ll likely find Ketch Caravan Park a most convenient spot indeed.
This peaceful and family-friendly park is on the banks of the River Severn, around two miles from Worcester city centre. A riverside footpath runs from the site to the city’s shops and attractions; alternatively you can drive it in five minutes or so.
As well as providing pleasant strolls into town, the river also supplies a pretty backdrop for the site, with the Malvern Hills visible in the distance (another good place for lovely long stroll, of course). Guests can go fishing in the river directly from the site too.
Getting in, out and around to local attractions is very straightforward from here: the park is handily placed close to the A4440 and only a few minutes’ drive from the M5. That makes it both a nifty stopover point on a longer motorway journey and a good place to settle for rural rambles (with a dog, if you’ve got one you’d like to bring along on holiday) and days out visiting the likes of Tewkesbury, Snowshill Manor and Evesham.
Barbecues are allowed on site, and there’s a rather handy supermarket just outside the site for supplies if you don’t fancy the trip to town for dinner. As for the site’s own facilities, they include a toilet and shower block along with chemical disposal for touring guests.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Excellent site - level pitches - only met Rob but he was very friendly
Tired site with uncertain future
Friendly owners, location, price.
Shame the site is closing for upgrade
Stayed here second week in September, lovely location right by …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
- Coach stations
Crowngate Bus Station
— 2.1 miles
2.1 miles Sixways Park and Ride site — 4.3 miles
4.3 miles Lower Howsell Road — 4.7 miles
- Train stations
Worcester Shrub Hill Rail Station
— 2.2 miles
2.2 miles Worcester Foregate Street Rail Station — 2.2 miles
2.2 miles Worcestershire Parkway Rail Station — 2.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 32.3 miles
— 18.9 miles
18.9 miles Birmingham International Airport Terminal 2 — 28.6 miles
28.6 miles Birmingham International Airport — 28.7 miles
Presumably you’ll want to start in Worcester – and that’s a good choice, whether you amble along the riverbank or take the five-minute drive. Once you’re in the city centre, stop by at the cathedral and the Tudor House Museum for a sense of the area’s history and admire the pretty pieces on display at the Museum of Royal Worcester.
There’s more history to be explored at places like the Avoncroft Museum of Historic Buildings (20 minutes’ drive), where you can see a collection of restored and rebuilt buildings of various kinds, and the smart Eastnor Castle (half an hour) and Snowshill Manor and Gardens (40 minutes). Meanwhile, music buffs can follow the Elgar Route to take in some of the scenery that inspired the composer and see some of the places where he lived and worked.
For some outdoor time, explore the grounds of Spetchley Park Gardens (five minutes), which has been in the same family for over 400 years, or head to the highest point in the Malvern Hills at Worcestershire Beacon (20 minutes).
- Royal Worcester Visitor Centre (1.6 miles)
- Worcester Cathedral (1.7 miles)
- Croome Park (National Trust) (4.3 miles)
- The Greyfriars (1.8 miles)
- Croome Park (4.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Ketch Caravan Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Ketch Caravan Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Ketch Caravan Park? Presumably you’ll want to start in Worcester – and that’s a good choice, whether you amble along the riverbank or take the five-minute drive. Once you’re in the city centre, stop by … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Ketch Caravan Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.