Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Adults-only yurt on a forest glamping retreat with 55 acres
- A 20-minute drive to Stratford-upon-Avon; walk to the Monarch’s Way
- Fridge, chiminea, fireside seating, woodburning stove and hot shower
Probing around for a pretty forest retreat? The English Forest Experience is an excellent spot indeed, where guests can slow down and relax with wildlife like fallow deer, red kites and woodcock around. The adults-only yurt venue is part of a creative forest retreat with glamping accommodation based in a 55-acre private Warwickshire woodland 20 minutes’ drive away from Stratford-upon-Avon (William Shakespeare’s birthplace).
It’s all part of the Ragley woodlands, which surround the Ragley Estate on the Warwickshire and Worcestershire border. The retreat belongs to William and Kelsey Seymour, Earl and Countess of Yarmouth.
Still, it’s not at all cut off. Nearby towns like Alcester (10 minutes’ drive) have all the usual amenities, and there are pubs half an hour’s walk away from the English Forest Experience. Your town shopping trip might be undertaken with the intention of gathering some barbecue-specific supplies, as barbecues are permitted on site too.
At night, you might find yourself serenaded by owls, muntjac, fox and other woodland critters. The morning dawn chorus is splendid too – you might want to pretend they’re cheering you on for walks along the 625-mile Monarch’s Way footpath, which is within walking distance of the site.
Accommodation at the English Forest Experience is for two. No pets or children are allowed on site, and it’s very high-end. The five-metre canvas yurt is furnished and themed with a double bed with a sprung mattress, linen, pillows, throw and cushions. In the way of décor and comfort, there’s an entrance mat, rug, wooden chests, bedside tables and seating, as well as a chiminea and fireside seating (wood is supplied).
Internal heating is provided by a woodburning stove (fuel is supplied). Scrub up in the bathroom, which has a wash basin, private hot shower and loo. At dinnertime, there’s a fridge and a bistro table, chairs and dining set with plates, cutlery, glasses, mugs and napkins.
Open from 25/08/2022 to 23/10/2022
No charcoal barbecues allowed.
Swimming in the lake is not allowed.
No naked flames are allowed inside the hired accommodation units.
No electric barbecues allowed.
The site caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
No cars/motorbikes by the pitch/unit. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
There is no reception on-site: on arrival please contact the number provided on your booking confirmation.
Please note that the toilet/shower facilities are unisex.
The car park is a 15 minute walk from the campsite; guests will be driven up to the site in a 4x4.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Max. persons: 2 x
Dimensions: 5.0m width x 5.0m length (16.4ft width x 16.4ft length) Calculated area: 25.0m² (269.1ft²)
|Max. persons||2 x
5.0m width x 5.0m length
(16.4ft width x 16.4ft length)
Calculated area: 25.0m² (269.1ft²)
(1 x shower)
Toilet (1 x eco toilet)
Open space (1 x double bed)
|Please bring your own towels.|
|Duvets and pillows|
|Beds made up|
|Dry toilet / eco toilet|
|Gas and electricity included|
|Dining table and chairs|
|No dogs allowed|
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Hand sanitising stations
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Budgens — 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Riverside Bus Station — 9.7 miles
- Train stations
Redditch Rail Station
— 5.1 miles
5.1 miles Wootton Wawen Rail Station — 6.1 miles
6.1 miles Henley-in-Arden Rail Station — 7.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 42.6 miles
Birmingham International Airport Terminal 2
— 17.0 miles
17.0 miles Birmingham International Airport — 17.1 miles
17.1 miles Birmingham International Airport Terminal 1 — 17.1 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Stratford-upon-Avon (birthplace of William Shakespeare with theatres, ghost walks and activities on the river): 20 minutes’ drive
- Hanbury Hall (country house, park and garden): 20 minutes
- Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: from 25 minutes
- Hidcote (National Trust site with an arts and craft garden): half an hour
- Cadbury World (Cadbury factory tours in Birmingham): 35 minutes
- Birmingham: 50 minutes
- Malvern Hills (hiking and outdoor activities): 50 minutes.
- Ragley Hall (2.6 miles)
- Mary Arden's Farm (6.9 miles)
- Hanbury Hall (National Trust) (7.4 miles)
- Kinwarton Dovecote (3.0 miles)
- Hanbury Hall (7.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
English Forest Experience cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 days of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 2 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. English Forest Experience will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does English Forest Experience have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is English Forest Experience dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near English Forest Experience? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Stratford-upon-Avon (birthplace of William Shakespeare with theatres, ghost walks and activities on the river): 20 minutes’ drive - Hanbury Hall (country house, park and garden): 20 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of English Forest Experience?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at English Forest Experience? From £150 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability