This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet site among woods in pretty Shropshire countryside
- A 15-minute drive from Whittington and 20 from Oswestry
- Visit the historical British Ironwork Centre in 15 minutes
Peace and space (18 acres of it, in fact) – if those are the main things you want from a break, bundle your belongings in a bag and make haste for Shropshire’s Tedsmore Lakes, a 20-minute drive from Oswestry.
Friendly and helpful owners David and Amanda will be on hand to help your hol get off to a stellar start at this site with an oak woodland in spectacular countryside. They reckon this is a top place for a fuss-free break amid grassland and woods (and after peering at the pics, it’s likely you’ll agree).
Got the urge to explore the area? Escape to the British Ironwork Centre (15 minutes' drive) to learn about the area’s industrial heritage, or shore up on supplies in the market town of Oswestry’s many shops. And if you’re thirsting for a pint? A couple of pubs (plus a village store) are just under three miles away in West Felton.
If you’ve brought the dog with you, that’s fab – Tedsmore Lakes is pet-friendly (but please don't allow them off-leash or anywhere near the lakes). Safety is a significant priority here, so swimming on site – for both canines and humans – is not permitted.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Brilliant well maintained clean site with amazing staff.
Amazing staff, clean, well maintained. Perfect location.
Fantastic stay would come again, couldn’t fault it
Had a lovely stay here. Friendly staff. Gorgeous place.
Clean facilities, good pitches, friendly staff
Stayed in a shabby chic bell tent and it was …
This place is so peaceful and quiet Well maintained lovely …
Peaceful site with great staff!
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 4.0 miles
4.0 miles The Crescent — 4.0 miles
4.0 miles Bus Station — 5.6 miles
- Train stations
Gobowen Rail Station
— 6.4 miles
6.4 miles Yorton Rail Station — 8.2 miles
8.2 miles Wem Rail Station — 9.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 39.4 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 35.4 miles
As the park’s owners so wisely say, Shropshire is a countryside haven. See some of its best bits by moseying along the Montgomery Canal (around a 10-minute drive away) or ask about paddling on the water with the local canoe and kayaking club.
You could also combine countryside wanders with arty pursuits by touring the Shropshire Sculpture Park (10 minutes) on the lookout for the Knife Angel.
For a noisier day out, get to the go-karting track and paintballing activity centre in Rednal (five minutes’ drive); quieter times can be had while checking out Oswestry’s shops (20 minutes) or the medieval castle in Whittington (15 minutes).
Not done with historical-themed ganders yet? Shuffle around Shrewsbury (half an hour), paying particular attention to the old buildings, or bob on the River Severn during a scenic boat ride.
- Powis Castle & Garden (15.6 miles)
- Darby Houses (Ironbridge) (22.3 miles)
- Much Wenlock Priory (22.3 miles)
- Chirk Castle (10.0 miles)
- Attingham Park (14.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Tedsmore Lakes have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Tedsmore Lakes dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Tedsmore Lakes? As the park’s owners so wisely say, Shropshire is a countryside haven. See some of its best bits by moseying along the Montgomery Canal (around a 10-minute drive away) or ask about … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Tedsmore Lakes?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.