This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Luxury safari tents on a family-run organic farm in rural Shropshire
- 10 minutes drive from Oswestry; 45 minutes from Snowdonia
- Firepit, woodburning stove and well-equipped kitchen for each tent
Swish Shropshire site Sweeney Farm Glamping has been set up with smart and spacious safari tents in the grounds of a family-run organic dairy farm 10 minutes’ drive from Oswestry and close to the border of England and Wales.
Each of the sizeable tents here has been built on a sturdy wooden platform to guard against squishy feet and give outdoor space for chilled-out hours of gazing out over the gorgeous views. Inside, each has been kitted out with proper bedrooms, a well-equipped kitchen and a bathroom, and there are lots of lovely touches such as luxury bed linen and a stack of wood to feed your woodburning stove and firepit.
A short trot from the tent takes you to the laundry room, which houses not only a washing machine and tumble dryer but also a bundle of tourist information and a stash of toys and outdoor games to keep the small sorts happy.
When it’s time to head out, there are plenty of historic and natural attractions within easy driving distance, plus shops, cafés and the like three miles away in Oswestry. If you’d like to get out and stretch your legs, you can pick up a public footpath directly from the site for rural rambles; stroll along for half an hour and you can reward yourself with a pint from a country pub.
Open from 01/03/2020 to 31/10/2020
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Location was great for days out with children- Powis castle, ...
Excellent site with lovely surroundings easy access to North Wales
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
Oswestry Bus Station
— 2.8 miles
2.8 miles Gobowen Coach Stop — 5.0 miles
5.0 miles Nesscliffe (Shrops): Coach Stop — 7.0 miles
- Train stations
Gobowen Rail Station
— 5.0 miles
5.0 miles Chirk Rail Station — 7.7 miles
7.7 miles Ruabon Rail Station — 11.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 39.6 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 36.6 miles
Attractions nearby include:
- Oswestry Castle and Iron Age hill fort: 10 minutes’ drive
- Park Hall Countryside Experience (kid-friendly farm park): 10 minutes
- British Ironwork Centre: 10 minutes
- Chirk Castle: 20 minutes
- Powis Castle: 20 minutes
- Llanrhaedr (Wales’ highest waterfall): 20 minutes
- Erddig Hall National Trust estate: 25 minutes
- Attingham Park National Trust estate: half an hour
- Lake Vyrnwy: 40 minutes
- Snowdonia National Park: 45 minutes.
- Powis Castle & Garden (12.5 miles)
- Chester Castle (26.1 miles)
- Cheshire Military Museum (26.1 miles)
- Chirk Castle (7.9 miles)
- Attingham Park Estate: Cronkhill (18.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||11 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Sweeney Farm Glamping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Sweeney Farm Glamping will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer