This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful farm site on the banks of the River Meden
- Sherwood Forest and Clumber Park within 20 minutes' drive
- Fishing, farm tours and animal encounters available on site
Haughton Park House Farm is a family-run dairy farm in north Nottinghamshire, with access to fishing and canoeing on the River Meden on site.
There are some splendid rural views from this peaceful site, and more to be had out in the surrounding area – which you can explore easily on walking routes (of varying difficulties) that leave from directly outside the farm. A most rewarding walk leads to the local farm shop, a mile away, where you can pick up all the bits you need for a barbecue back at your pitch. A pick-your-own farm is also about a mile away for fresh soft fruit to follow your dinner (in season).
Breakfast is a little closer to hand: purchase fresh chicken, duck and goose eggs from the farm’s honesty box and get cooking.
Fancy more of a taste of farm life? Book in for activities on site: kids’ crafts, animal feeding sessions, farm tours and animal encounters are all on the menu, and you can also book slots to visit and feed the herd of reindeer. When you’re not hanging out with the animals, younger kids can be kept amused at the play area.
This may be a wholly rural spot but it’s also one that’s very well connected: the farm is easily accessed from the A614 and A1 just between Sheffield and Nottingham, and therefore possibly handy as a stopover point on longer journeys. That location also means plenty of day trips are nearby, including outings to the likes of Chatsworth, Sherwood Forest and Creswell Crags.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Excellent site with clean facilities and friendly hosts
The site was very spacious, dog friendly and friendly staff.
Great basic campsite run by lovely people
Proper lovely campsite, friendly staff.
excellent clean site helpful staff
Brilliant Site. Quiet and Safe. It’s was a fantastic 3 days xx
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.0 miles
5.0 miles Hardy Street — 7.3 miles
7.3 miles Hetts Lane — 8.0 miles
- Train stations
Retford Low Level Rail Station
— 4.4 miles
4.4 miles Retford Rail Station — 4.5 miles
4.5 miles Worksop Rail Station — 7.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Hull Ferry Terminal
— 44.6 miles
Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport
— 15.9 miles
15.9 miles Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport — 16.2 miles
16.2 miles Sheffield City Airport — 19.6 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Bassetlaw Museum: 10 minutes’ drive
- Rufford Abbey: 15 minutes
- Clumber Park (National Trust): 15 minutes
- Sherwood Forest: 15 minutes
- Creswell Crags Museum & Prehistoric Gorge: 20 minutes
- Sundown Adventureland: 20 minutes
- Paintballing park: 20 minutes
- White Post Farm: 25 minutes
- Robin Hoods Wheelgate Park (kids’ adventure park): 25 minutes
- Chatsworth Estate: an hour.
- Sherwood Forest Country Park (5.1 miles)
- Mansfield Museum (12.0 miles)
- Bolsover Castle (13.4 miles)
- Clumber Park (4.0 miles)
- Mr Straw's House (7.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||6 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Haughton Park House Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Haughton Park House Farm will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Haughton Park House Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Haughton Park House Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Haughton Park House Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Bassetlaw Museum: 10 minutes’ drive - Rufford Abbey: 15 minutes - Clumber Park (National Trust): 15 minutes - Sherwood Forest: 15 minutes - Creswell Crags Museum … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Haughton Park House Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.