This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Off-grid wild camping by fishing lakes in Nottinghamshire countryside
- A 15-minute drive to Belvoir Castle, and 20 minutes to Newark-on-Trent
- Woodland pitches and angling, close to shops, pubs and stately houses
Encompassing a 232-acre site in glorious Nottinghamshire countryside, Belvoir Waters is an eco-friendly, wild-camping spot with one golden rule: be as environmentally thoughtful as possible. You’re left to your own devices to find your perfect pitch among natural woodland, surrounded by three lakes covering 80 acres of water.
This is a serene place where couples and families can wander around the lakes and stroll the woodland walks, listening out for some of the 180 bird species spotted in the area. Well-behaved dogs are welcome too – and keen anglers, line up here please, as you can fish on the lakes – and tuition is available for novices (at a fee).
You’ll need to be self-sufficient and bring all your own camping gear, but you can park by your pitch, so there’s no lugging of equipment across fields for you. As the site is completely off grid, it’s best to add in a barbecue as well as bits and bobs for cooking when you’re packing.
But don’t worry too much – anything you’ve forgotten you can pick up in Newark-on-Trent (20 minutes’ drive), which has plenty of supermarkets as well as fish and chip shops or Chinese takeaways. Newark Royal Market (Wednesday) has been held in the market square pretty much non-stop since the 12th century, and it’s a special treat to rummage around the stalls for fresh local produce.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Beautiful scenery and super site with plenty of privacy
Nice site with beautiful views stayed in a forest pitch
Wild camping. Lovely scenery. Exactly what we wanted
Peace and quiet
Secluded areas of woodland, lovely lakes for dipping toes in …
Was the feel of camping in nature with the security …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 6.8 miles
6.8 miles Bus Station — 8.5 miles
8.5 miles Winchester Street — 14.1 miles
- Train stations
Bottesford Rail Station
— 2.5 miles
2.5 miles Elton & Orston Rail Station — 2.8 miles
2.8 miles Aslockton Rail Station — 4.3 miles
- Ferry ports
West Lynn Ferry Landing
— 52.4 miles
East Midlands Airport
— 24.3 miles
Belvoir Castle (15 minutes’ drive) may well be your first stop. Built in the early 19th century, it has adventure playgrounds and woodland paths for kids and dogs to run around in, as well as guided tours of the 'big house'. When you’ve had your fill of history, you can replenish energy levels at the restaurants, ice-cream parlours and unusual shops at The Engine Yard retail village.
Lovers of old houses might also like to glance over Elizabethan-era Wollaton Hall (40 minutes) and its manicured parkland – they do a spooky ghost tour (one way to make the kids behave) and lots of Tudor-themed events during summer.
If you’d prefer to get more active on your hols, there are plenty of cycling and walking trails – for all levels – all around the campsite. There’s also a riding school (five minutes), a couple of golf courses and a public swimming pool (all 20 minutes).
- Belvoir Castle (6.0 miles)
- Belton House (8.3 miles)
- Woolsthorpe Manor (13.9 miles)
- Grantham House (8.3 miles)
- The Workhouse, Southwell (8.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||10 a.m. –||6:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Belvoir Waters cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Belvoir Waters on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Belvoir Waters have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Belvoir Waters dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Belvoir Waters? Belvoir Castle (15 minutes’ drive) may well be your first stop. Built in the early 19th century, it has adventure playgrounds and woodland paths for kids and dogs to run around in, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Belvoir Waters?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.