This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Characterful glamping site with gorgeous views towards Black Mountains
- A 25-minute drive to either Hereford or Hay-on-Wye
- Games room on site; barbecues and firepits provided
Just on the border of England and Wales, the glamping units at In The Orchard - Glamping at Cothill are in prime position for exploring some fabulous bits of both countries.
This Herefordshire hotspot, about 25 minutes’ drive from both Hereford and Hay-on-Wye, has gorgeous views across the Golden Valley to the Black Mountains beyond. You’d be most welcome to spend a whole lot of time on site just soaking up the views or staring up at the starry dark skies – barbecues and firepits are provided to make such activities even more special.
Glamping units here are characterful places packed with individual touches, but what they have in common is comfy beds, a private kitchen and plenty of handy bits including cool boxes that will keep food cool for up to a week. Shared flushing toilets and showers are a short stroll from the units, and the site also has a great games room to help you while away any cooler evenings.
Clearly spending time on site is going to be an attractive option, but so is getting out and about locally – footpaths run from just outside the site, and you can find some great local food and drink in nearby pubs and shops (or sample local drinks at nearby cider mills).
Kayaking and swimming spots on the River Wye are close by too, or you might like to try a game at the highest golf course in England (Kington Golf Club, half an hour’s drive away). Several gorgeous gardens are close by as well, and you can definitely plan a day or two poking around Hereford’s historic buildings and Hay-on-Wye’s bookshops or hiking in the Brecon Beacons National Park.
Open from 05/05/2023 to 30/09/2023
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Own personal spotlessly clean shower and toilet.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated shower per pitch
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet per pitch
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
More frequent emptying of bins
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 6.3 miles
6.3 miles Country Bus Station — 10.9 miles
10.9 miles Bus Station — 14.0 miles
- Train stations
Hereford Rail Station
— 11.0 miles
11.0 miles Abergavenny Rail Station — 14.2 miles
14.2 miles Warrington West Rail Station — 16.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 28.8 miles
28.8 miles Lydney Harbour — 28.8 miles
— 35.3 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Brobury House & Gardens: 20 minutes' drive
- The Weir Garden (National Trust): 20 minutes
- Hay-on-Wye (book town): 25 minutes
- Hereford (cathedral and Mappa Mundi exhibition): 25 minutes
- Rowlestone Court Farm (with nature trail and ice cream parlour): 25 minutes
- Small Breeds Farm Park and Owl Centre: half an hour
- Skirrid mountain: 35 minutes
- Hergest Croft Gardens: 35 minutes
- Llanthony Abbey: 40 minutes
- Brecon (museums and canal boat hire): 45 minutes.
- Caldicot Castle & Country Park (17.7 miles)
- Blaenavon Ironworks (17.7 miles)
- Goodrich Castle (17.8 miles)
- The Weir (7.0 miles)
- Cwmmau Farmhouse (10.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
In The Orchard - Glamping at Cothill cancellation policy
No refunds within 3 weeks of arrival date.
Modifications are subject to a £20.00 fee.
Bookings cannot be amended within 21 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. In The Orchard - Glamping at Cothill will debit the balance from your card 3 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 3 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does In The Orchard - Glamping at Cothill have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is In The Orchard - Glamping at Cothill dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near In The Orchard - Glamping at Cothill? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Brobury House & Gardens: 20 minutes' drive - The Weir Garden (National Trust): 20 minutes - Hay-on-Wye (book town): 25 minutes - Hereford (cathedral and Mappa … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of In The Orchard - Glamping at Cothill?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.