This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful field in rural Gloucestershire close to the river Severn
- Five minutes' drive from Westbury Court Garden; Gloucester 15 minutes
- Simple site on a working farm with views over the Forest of Dean
Gramp's Field is a homely site that'd be a great fit for anyone looking for a peaceful break in the gorgeous Gloucestershire countryside. The gentle local landscape of hills, the Forest of Dean and the banks of the river Severn means there are plenty of nearby beauty spots to explore in a convenient location around a quarter of an hour's drive from the centre of Gloucester.
The site is about half a mile south from the centre of the village of Westbury-on-Severn, a pretty spot on the A48 with amenities including a café, a fish restaurant and a filling station. You'll also be setting up under a mile from the river Severn, where you can watch – or, if you're feeling sporty, surf on – the mighty Severn Bore around 120 times a year.
Gramp's Field is part of a working farm and so only has simple facilities like portable toilets. It's a very friendly spot, though, and the site team are keen to share their suggestions and tips about the local area in person when you arrive. Well-behaved dogs are welcome, and there's scope for setting up campfires and barbecues as long as the grass is properly protected.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Second visit this year, will definitely be back again next …
The view from the campsite was beautiful, it was so …
Lovely back to basics camping. Literally a toilet and a …
Perfect location to escape from everything. Brilliant for free range …
Loved it, going back again. Field, 2 pota loos and …
Great base camp
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 6.4 miles
6.4 miles Elmbridge Road — 7.7 miles
7.7 miles Kings Arms — 7.7 miles
- Train stations
Gloucester Rail Station
— 6.5 miles
6.5 miles Stonehouse Rail Station — 6.8 miles
6.8 miles Cam & Dursley Rail Station — 7.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 8.2 miles
8.2 miles Lydney Harbour — 9.7 miles
9.7 miles Bristol Docks Ferry Landing — 26.2 miles
— 10.4 miles
If travelling from Gloucester to Chepstow on the A48, once you have reached Chaxhill please use the turning after the speed camera but before Chaxhill Hall to gain access to Crowgate Lane.
If travelling from Chepstow to Gloucester on the A48, once you have reached Chaxhill please use the turning just past Chaxhill Hall but before the speed camera to gain access to Crowgate Lane.
Local attractions and activities include:
- Westbury Court Garden: five minutes' drive
- Gloucester Cathedral: 15 minutes
- National Waterways Museum: 15 minutes
- Dean Heritage Centre: 15 minutes
- The Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 20 minutes
- Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 25 minutes
- Symonds Yat: 30 minutes
- Chepstow Castle: 30 minutes.
- Gloucester Waterways Museum (5.8 miles)
- WWT Slimbridge Wetlands Centre (5.8 miles)
- Gloucester Quays (5.9 miles)
- Westbury Court Garden (1.6 miles)
- Ashleworth Tithe Barn (8.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||12 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
On arrival, please call the mobile number provided or visit the house called Crowgate Farm opposite the site.
Gramp's Field cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 1 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Gramp's Field will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Gramp's Field have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Gramp's Field dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Gramp's Field? Local attractions and activities include: - Westbury Court Garden: five minutes' drive - Gloucester Cathedral: 15 minutes - National Waterways Museum: 15 minutes - Dean Heritage Centre: 15 minutes - The Cotswolds … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Gramp's Field?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
On arrival, please call the mobile number provided or visit the house called Crowgate Farm opposite the site.Read more