This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Small, friendly campsite on a family-run Gloucestershire farm
- A 15-minute drive to Gloucester; 20 minutes to Cheltenham
- Established site since 1946; easy access from the M5
There’s been a campsite at Gables Farm Touring and Camping since way back in 1946… and with a history like that, you can be sure the team here have learnt a thing or two along the way about what makes a good place to stay.
The essence of this small, family-run Gloucestershire site is to keep things simple but well done. Bathroom facilities are bright, clean and spacious, with toilets and showers, and there’s also a washing-up area and chemical disposal point for guests to use. And because no good day ever started without a decent breakfast, you can also pick up fresh free-range eggs on site too.
Of course, it helps that this is a rather fine location too: in the Severn Vale about 15 minutes’ drive from the centre of Gloucester, and close to the western edge of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The site is just off the A38 and with easy access from the M5 (both northbound and southbound), so getting out and about should be straightforward.
Eats and drinks should be in good supply around here, too – if you don’t fancy the trip to Gloucester there are pubs in Whitminster (two minutes’ drive) and Frampton on Severn (10 minutes), or you could venture to the lovely town of Stroud (15 minutes).
Open from 07/04/2022 to 31/10/2022
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Immaculate wash rooms & Showers, neat pitches with gravel & …
The toilet and shower block were pristine The warden was …
Would definitely recommend and stay again
Excellent site with fantastic shower/toilet block, friendly staff.
Excellent site with clean facilities and friendly staff
Excellent site with clean facilities, friendly staff and level pitched
First stay at The Gables. Trying out our new camper. …
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 4.9 miles
4.9 miles Bus Station — 6.1 miles
6.1 miles Elmbridge Road — 7.2 miles
- Train stations
Stonehouse Rail Station
— 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Stroud (Glos) Rail Station — 5.0 miles
5.0 miles Cam & Dursley Rail Station — 5.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 8.5 miles
8.5 miles Lydney Harbour — 10.0 miles
10.0 miles Bristol Docks Ferry Landing — 25.9 miles
— 9.7 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Gloucester (for the Quays and cathedral): 15 minutes’ drive
- WWT Slimbridge nature reserve: 15 minutes
- Cattle Country Farm Park: 15 minutes
- Berkeley Castle: 20 minutes
- Cheltenham: 20 minutes
- Woodchester Mansion (19th-century Gothic mansion): 20 minutes
- Jet Age Museum: 20 minutes
- Painswick Rococo Garden: 20 minutes.
- Painswick Rococo Garden (4.8 miles)
- WWT Slimbridge Wetlands Centre (5.1 miles)
- Gloucester Waterways Museum (5.6 miles)
- Westbury Court Garden (4.9 miles)
- Woodchester Park (5.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||8:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Gables Farm Touring and Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Gables Farm Touring and Camping on arrival.
Pitches: a £5.00 deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure when returning the gate badge/barrier pass/toilet keys.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
Payment methods accepted on the parkApple Pay
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Gables Farm Touring and Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Gables Farm Touring and Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Gables Farm Touring and Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Gloucester (for the Quays and cathedral): 15 minutes’ drive - WWT Slimbridge nature reserve: 15 minutes - Cattle Country Farm Park: 15 minutes - Berkeley Castle: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Gables Farm Touring and Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.