This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Pop-up riverside campsite in a classic Cotswold setting
- Cotswold Farm Park five minutes' drive; Sudeley Castle 15 minutes
- Half a mile from amenities in Temple Guiting village centre
Cricket Field Campsite is a small-scale pop-up campsite in Gloucestershire that sits within the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Located in an attractive riverside setting on the outskirts of the small village of Temple Guiting, this classic Cotswold campsite is well-placed for laidback outdoor breaks.
This site is made up of two fields, one of which has pitches and the other is available for recreational activities. The site is also on the edge of the river Windrush, where you can relax by the water over a picnic.
This family-friendly Gloucestershire park is close to lots of top Cotswold attractions, including the Cotswold Farm Park (five minutes' drive from base) and historic Sudeley Castle (15 minutes). For hikes and days out on foot, you're also a few minutes' walk from the Diamond Way, a lovely long-distance route that takes in some of the best scenery around.
The village centre has handy amenities like a post office and an independent café (the site owners particularly recommend its afternoon teas and Sunday afternoon lunches), while the nearest pub is roughly a mile and a half away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great no frills site with adequate facilities
It was quiet
From the manager...
I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay on our campsite.
As your review points out, yes, we are a basic campsite. However, we make no pretences to be otherwise -in fact, it is quite clear from our description on Pitchup that we have basic facilities, and that we cater for customers that want that. We are a pop-up campsite, and pride ourselves on being a sustainable, low-impact site that caters for those that want to have acres of space, and feel in touch with nature. I'm sorry if that wasn't what you wanted, but that is what we provide.
I'm sorry also, that it rained on the days that you were staying. This obviously may have made it harder to appreciate what our campsite provides and made your experience overall worse - but that is a risk that you do take when camping.
As to the question of our price, relative to most campsites in the Cotswolds, we are well priced.
Beautiful field and very friendly host who welcomed us.
Beautiful must stay location with great walks and pubs
Excellent site for a peaceful escape
Brilliant stay, would come again!
9 out of 10.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 9.2 miles
9.2 miles Garden Road — 9.2 miles
9.2 miles Garden Road — 9.2 miles
- Train stations
Moreton-in-Marsh Rail Station
— 7.9 miles
7.9 miles Cheltenham Spa Rail Station — 10.4 miles
10.4 miles Kingham Rail Station — 10.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 30.4 miles
— 12.9 miles
12.9 miles London Oxford Airport — 25.0 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Cotswold Farm Park: five minutes' drive
- Sudeley Castle: 15 minutes
- Broadway Tower: 15 minutes
- Stow-on-the-Wold: 15 minutes
- Snowshill Manor and Garden: 15 minutes
- Cheltenham: 25 minutes
- Crocodiles of the World: 30 minutes
- Cirencester: 30 minutes.
- Cotswold Farm Park (1.0 miles)
- Sudeley Castle Gardens and Exhibition (3.8 miles)
- Snowshill Manor & Garden (National Trust) (4.0 miles)
- Hailes Abbey (3.2 miles)
- Snowshill Manor and Garden (3.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||5 p.m.|
|Depart by:||1 p.m.|
On Fridays, guests can arrive until 8pm.
Cricket Field Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 1 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Cricket Field Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkAmerican Express
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Cricket Field Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Cricket Field Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Cricket Field Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Cotswold Farm Park: five minutes' drive - Sudeley Castle: 15 minutes - Broadway Tower: 15 minutes - Stow-on-the-Wold: 15 minutes - Snowshill Manor and Garden: 15 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Cricket Field Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m.
On Fridays, guests can arrive until 8pm.Read more