This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Dog friendly touring & camping site for tents, motor homes & caravans.
- In the heart of the White Peak, adjacent to the Tissington Trail.
- Great base for exploring the area, walking or cycling.
Everyone is welcome at our friendly, real ale pub, which serves home cooked food.
With an attached touring campsite just off the Tissington Trail in the Peak District, Derbyshire, The Waterloo Inn makes an ideal base to explore this beautiful part of the country. Campers get a 20% off voucher for their first meal in the pub.
Our site caters for both Caravans and Tents with:
Showers & toilets
Wash-off area for pots & pans
TV Reception – please note the good reception may depend on your aerial!
Large camping parties can be catered for by arrangement
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Gas cylinders available
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
Bakewell Coach Stop
— 6.9 miles
6.9 miles Matlock Bath: Coach Stop — 8.8 miles
8.8 miles Matlock Coach Stops — 9.0 miles
- Train stations
Matlock Rail Station
— 8.9 miles
8.9 miles Matlock Bath Rail Station — 9.0 miles
9.0 miles Wirksworth Rail Station — 9.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal
— 54.1 miles
Sheffield City Airport
— 24.3 miles
24.3 miles Manchester Airport Terminal 3 — 25.9 miles
25.9 miles Manchester Airport — 26.0 miles
We are located in Biggin by Hartington, in the heart of the White Peak, close to all the attractions on offer. We are adjacent to the Tissington Trail, and not far from the High Peak Trail. The picture-postcard village of Hartington is 2 miles by car away, less if you fancy a gentle walk across the fields. Buston is 10 miles away to the North, Ashbourne 10 miles to the South. The ever-popular town of Bakewell is but 6 miles away.
- Haddon Hall (6.4 miles)
- Chatsworth (8.8 miles)
- Sir Richard Arkwright's Masson Mills (8.8 miles)
- Winster Market House (5.5 miles)
- The Old Manor (10.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Waterloo Inn have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Waterloo Inn dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Waterloo Inn? We are located in Biggin by Hartington, in the heart of the White Peak, close to all the attractions on offer. We are adjacent to the Tissington Trail, and not far from ... Read more